This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I bet you can't find a more emotional game than this.

#11MarceloSampaioPosted 12/3/2013 3:47:49 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Scroe posted...
mario 2

That's like the worst Super Mario game to appear on any platform in the history of everything.

Really? I actually had lots of fun with it. Its a very different game (it wasn't even a Mario game originally), but I had lots of fun with it. ;)
---
:3
Gamefaqs logic: Emulation = Piracy.
#12arrseeteePosted 12/3/2013 4:27:32 AM(edited)
IBKNAWTU posted...
To The Moon
This.

Also, Mario 2 was amazing.

Also also, just watched the trailer and read more and listened to the developer talk of the game. It actually looks waaayy more interesting than I had originally thought. Lots of games try to mean something, but unfortunatly many fail because they don't have the same resources as the big guys do. But they can really make up for it thought a compelling and personal story. These kinda games are really a labor of love. I think the graphics work amazing for what tue game is trying to portray; very bland and simple, trapped and repititious, yet it reflects the tone and sadness one would feel in a depressive state. Depression is one of those topics that can be tough to pull off, but the potential can be incredible if done well. Whether or not it is a game or an interactive story is debatable, I for one love them. Although I felt Gone Home was a bit overrated lol. These kinda games remind me of the older Newgrounds Flash games/videos I loved as a kid on HS. Sure alot of em weren't the best in gameplay or graphics, but they also worked amazingly well aestheticly and had it's own personal style. Anyways thanks TC, now it's got my interest lol. Only debating on if I should play the beta now on the website, or play the game when it is completed lol. Don't want to miss the devs full envision and ruin by llaying a beta :p
---
Posting from phone. So Police, don't whine about minor mistakes.
#13arleasPosted 12/3/2013 4:46:47 AM
Gone Home

As someone who just got done finishing that game up, No.

If Gone Home had a serious emotional impact on you, you're probably just out of your teens...OR maybe it's just that as an old white guy and not a 15 year old girl I can't relate to any of the story... I didn't think it was "Bad"... just not "good"... the house being dark and creepy while it was storming outside was more of an impact than "I met a girl at school and she was just so cool...." :I

To The Moon

This was more emotional, but it was mostly the music. I found without the music, the text was just a shade below "Dean Koontz" level of cheezy writing. :I :I

If I had to pick between the two though I'd give it to "To the Moon".
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
#14Odin of KpxPosted 12/3/2013 4:53:52 AM
Brothers: A tale of two sons
#15Rexdragon125Posted 12/3/2013 5:05:29 AM
Mother 3, anything else is incorrect.
#16MonkeymagePosted 12/3/2013 6:13:52 AM
Actual Sunlight: Sponsored by Kotaku, Polygon, and RPS.

No thanks.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#17TowerBooks3192Posted 12/3/2013 6:24:36 AM
IBKNAWTU posted...
tl;dr

To The Moon

and MGS3 ending. I cried because of that game.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#18Ch3wyPosted 12/3/2013 6:27:58 AM
arleas posted...

This was more emotional, but it was mostly the music. I found without the music, the text was just a shade below "Dean Koontz" level of cheezy writing. :I :I

I tried playing it with sound but no video and it did nothing for me.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#19arrseeteePosted 12/3/2013 6:39:46 AM
Ch3wy posted...
arleas posted...

I tried playing it with sound but no video and it did nothing for me.

I tried playing it with a banana, but then I ended up eating it and getting diarrhea.
---
Posting from phone. So Police, don't whine about minor mistakes.
#20KidInTheHallPosted 12/3/2013 7:30:46 AM
Private Nurse , Crescendo , Kana Little Sister.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750