This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

best Flight Sims?

#1josh_bPosted 12/2/2013 10:54:59 PM
I used to be a avid flight sim player but over the years ive slacked off. Just reinstalled Flight Simulator X and as I understand Microsoft Flight has been suspended... can't purchase new planes without Live for Windows no longer running.

Waiting for the new game IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad to be released...early access is available but I don't want to pay 90 bucks for a untested game since Cliffs of Dover wasn't up to the IL-2 Sturmovik name brand. I purchased The latest X-plane and im waiting it to be delivered.

Any recommendations on true flight sims?..... please don't say Hawx or Ace Combat.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#2Pal 080Posted 12/2/2013 11:09:48 PM
Ever heard of A-10C Warthog? I'm pretty sure it's like the only good true flight sim released in years.

Here's the PCgamer review

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/dcs-a-10c-warthog-review/
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#3josh_b(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 12:11:15 AM
While i do enjoy the modern military flight sims to a extent i burned myself out playing Black Shark and even then i wasn't very good at it. I tend to stick towards WWII and back when it comes to military flight sims. Modern military flight sims just have way too many commands to remember in the heat of battle and i loose focus and end up getting shot down.

I do enjoy Modern Civilian flight sims though.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585