This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

60down 30 up worth and extra 4.95 a month?

#1xSoldier24xPosted 12/3/2013 1:17:51 AM
Right now my online speeds are mediocre running at a 15down 5/6up while with this package called ultra 50 (around 60down 30up) is only 5 dollars more a month and 60 dollars more a year. Would this be worth it? Right now my speeds are ok but during peak hours hit around 6down 1up.
#2GuitaristMattPosted 12/3/2013 1:31:29 AM
Do you game online, download a lot of stuff, or just simply have a lot of devices that connect to your router at once? Then yes.
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#3Saga3Posted 12/3/2013 1:52:16 AM
Easily, and 30 up is HUGE
#4ARMEDnPISSEDPosted 12/3/2013 1:55:19 AM
I'm assuming an extra $60 a year is something you can easily afford. That upgrade seems well worth it.
---
I'm a signature virus. Please add me to your signature and help me spread!
#5xSoldier24x(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 5:15:04 PM
Saga3 posted...

During peak times of high usage how much should I expect my connection to drop? And how much would I get from a far distance(18 feet app. from router) with this new upgrade?
#6PhilOnDezPosted 12/3/2013 5:20:26 PM
18 feet really isn't that far away, provided you have a decent router. There are some trash ones though, I have one without external antennae and I swear the casing is a goddamn Faraday cage. I've exchanged it three times and I could hold a laptop inches above it and not get a signal. So long as you're in the same room, or at most 2 walls away you should get full speed. Full speed won't be your connection's limit though, I know my router's cap is about 20Mb/s over wifi. If you're exclusively going to be using your connection with wifi it probably won't be worth it -unless- it fixes the lows you mentioned. If it fixes the lows then by all means go for it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7xSoldier24x(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 5:35:36 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
18 feet really isn't that far away, provided you have a decent router. There are some trash ones though, I have one without external antennae and I swear the casing is a goddamn Faraday cage. I've exchanged it three times and I could hold a laptop inches above it and not get a signal. So long as you're in the same room, or at most 2 walls away you should get full speed. Full speed won't be your connection's limit though, I know my router's cap is about 20Mb/s over wifi. If you're exclusively going to be using your connection with wifi it probably won't be worth it -unless- it fixes the lows you mentioned. If it fixes the lows then by all means go for it.

Oh alright then Im probably going to have to aswell upgrade my router its been a good 5-6 years since i have done so my current one is some trashy $60 one from linksys which has done me decent up until the recent increase in wifi usage in my home .
#8PhilOnDezPosted 12/3/2013 6:29:18 PM
I have a Linksys wrt54g, it's about as old as you said yours is. It's the best router I've ever owned, unless yours is giving you problems just stick with it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#9LordSeiferPosted 12/3/2013 6:37:23 PM
xSoldier24x posted...
Saga3 posted...

During peak times of high usage how much should I expect my connection to drop?

how the hell could we answer that, we dont live in your house
---
^ this