This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is CSGO even popular?

#1yeallow0Posted 12/3/2013 3:52:03 AM
So I've been hearing a lot of hype about the CS series and decided to try it during the sale. Here is why I think it sucks:

-people take forever to kill (they have way too much HP which I find hard to take seriously in a "realistic" game)
-can't even zoom in one most weapons, no irons-sights or red dots
-servers are flooded with hackers that get so many headshots from huge distances
-no respawn so enjoy doing nothing for 10 mins every game
-maps are SMALL
-no vehicles at all
-no air support (UAVs, AC130s, helicopters, etc)
-graphics suck compared to modern games
-similarly, physics also suck since nothing is destructible, everything is so static
-no tanks, jeeps or anything
-no 3-D spotting, or any spotting at all which makes it hard to communicate and find enemies
-only like 12 players per map
-no perks or much customization at all, you start with a pistol every game even if you're leveled up which makes leveling up pointless if you don't get more unlocks

This is just off the top of my head so feel free to suggest more. Glad I got it for cheap. Anyway, back to BF4.
#2calcyclePosted 12/3/2013 3:57:35 AM
Trolltopic/10

you aren't too realistic with your complaints. Right now you are just a parody of complainers.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#3yeallow0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 4:00:42 AM
I'm a troll because you disagree with me? You sound mature.
#4Benjamin_ButtonPosted 12/3/2013 4:13:39 AM
I agree
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#5xKynOxPosted 12/3/2013 4:14:57 AM
Be careful this game attracts fanboys like flies on ****
#6bevan306Posted 12/3/2013 4:23:13 AM
it's more about skill and teamwork....if you want to just drive around and blow things up bf will be more up your alley
---
http://rateyourmusic.com/~bevan
http://i.imgur.com/5Ta28.jpg
#7ClouddxPosted 12/3/2013 4:25:19 AM(edited)
yeallow0 posted...
So I've been hearing a lot of hype about the CS series and decided to try it during the sale. Here is why I think it sucks:

-people take forever to kill (they have way too much HP which I find hard to take seriously in a "realistic" game)
-can't even zoom in one most weapons, no irons-sights or red dots
-servers are flooded with hackers that get so many headshots from huge distances
-no respawn so enjoy doing nothing for 10 mins every game
-maps are SMALL
-no vehicles at all
-no air support (UAVs, AC130s, helicopters, etc)
-graphics suck compared to modern games
-similarly, physics also suck since nothing is destructible, everything is so static
-no tanks, jeeps or anything
-no 3-D spotting, or any spotting at all which makes it hard to communicate and find enemies
-only like 12 players per map
-no perks or much customization at all, you start with a pistol every game even if you're leveled up which makes leveling up pointless if you don't get more unlocks

This is just off the top of my head so feel free to suggest more. Glad I got it for cheap. Anyway, back to BF4.

There is so much wrong with this post...

It takes 1-2 headshot to kill people depending on the weapon and less than 5 bullets with most guns on body shots.

There is spotting of enemies. If your teammates sees an enemy they appear on everyones radar.

There are also servers that contain up to 40 people, so I have no clue what you're talking about w/ only 12 players per map. Even official servers have up to 20 players in casual.

Graphics are a moot point when playing CS, people still play 1.6(you really think they're playing for te 1337 graphics?)

CS was never about perks and never will be, IMO no account progression > progression any day. In a competitive FPS games no one should have an upper hand just because they spent more time than you.

CS will never have vehicles, it's meant for competitive play and that alone.

There is respawning in deathmatch if you really want. >_>

I'm gonna stop here, there's just so much misinformation in this post it's terrible.

and New User troll topic/10
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#8_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/3/2013 4:33:24 AM
xKynOx posted...
Be careful this game attracts fanboys like flies on ****

The game attracts fanboys. Or, in other words, it is a game that many people really love....
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#9Ch3wyPosted 12/3/2013 5:12:14 AM
This is just too obvious bro.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#10TropicMoon10Posted 12/3/2013 5:14:46 AM(edited)
1. Battlefield 4 costs anywhere from 4-7 times CS:GO costs (full price, not counting the recent sales)

2. Counter Strike has always been about gameplay at its core. Not shiny graphics and big boom explosions.

And I dislike military shooters in general.
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg