This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last Remnant - has anybody played this? Did you like it?

#31EternalFlame66Posted 12/3/2013 3:51:37 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
EternalFlame66 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
EternalFlame66 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
The Low BR thing was xbox only. The PC version did not do that.

Nope. I can give you my save state and you can try it out.

Even the vets on last remnant PC board wipes several times with my save file.

Ok on my hard game file... I am BR 98, so far enemies are pretty easy. If I go to earlier levels, they die when Rush spits on them. They didn't magically get harder.

Dunno about hard mode, I didn't even get that far.

You can get to a high BR and do fine, but you must do everything correctly. Otherwise a high BR will literally kill you and there isn't any way to remedy it.

I should still have my save file and I didn't even purposely try to ruin it or anything. (patches may have fixed this issue)

I am not aware of any patches for TLR since I bought it.

To purposely lose, only way I know of is to swap out your entire team for completely rookies.
But that's true of every jrpg. At level 100, if you swap out to level 1's your going to die.

My team is not full of rookie it has all the leaders I have up to that point. I didn't pointlessly grind. I just got lost and fought every enemy I ran into (didn't know this was bad). My BR is way higher than it should be at that point of time.

The game didn't warn me about trying to skip fights.
---
Such is your fate.
#32MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/3/2013 3:53:48 PM
I loved it.

You also don't screw yourself over by battling normally- If you just fight all the enemies as you pass by, you'll be fine. Just don't grind on the wrong enemies.
#33SinisterSlayPosted 12/3/2013 3:54:38 PM
EternalFlame66 posted...

My team is not full of rookie it has all the leaders I have up to that point. I didn't pointlessly grind. I just got lost and fought every enemy I ran into (didn't know this was bad). My BR is way higher than it should be at that point of time.

What point are you at?

All boss fights (like real bosses) have fixed HP levels, and mostly fixed skill levels.

The game tells you if it will be an easy or hard fight based on starting moral.
Take your characters and go fight in the starting castle (I forget it's name) it's full of little bugs. you should 1 hit kill them and start will full moral.
I want you to do this just to see that enemies don't get that affected by BR.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#34EternalFlame66Posted 12/3/2013 3:55:57 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
EternalFlame66 posted...

What point are you at?

All boss fights (like real bosses) have fixed HP levels, and mostly fixed skill levels.

Take your characters and go fight in the starting castle (I forget it's name) it's full of little bugs. you should 1 hit kill them and start will full moral.

No my team is at a boss room with no way to retrack IIRC. It's been a couple of years.
---
Such is your fate.
#35SinisterSlayPosted 12/3/2013 3:58:37 PM(edited)
EternalFlame66 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
EternalFlame66 posted...

What point are you at?

No my team is at a boss room with no way to retrack IIRC. It's been a couple of years.

Are you at the hellgate? The giant monster with the huge number of tiny heads?
That's the first difficulty spike I remember. It's like the first boss you have to actually control your unions, who enters battle and who doesn't.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#36EternalFlame66Posted 12/3/2013 4:09:31 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
EternalFlame66 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
EternalFlame66 posted...

What point are you at?

Are you at the hellgate? The giant monster with the huge number of tiny heads?
That's the first difficulty spike I remember. It's like the first boss you have to actually control your unions, who enters battle and who doesn't.

ah yea, how did you guess? that's when i realized i screwed up my party and have to restart the game lol.
---
Such is your fate.
#37Hi CPosted 12/3/2013 4:38:02 PM
EternalFlame66 posted...
The more you fight the weaker you become. So good.

The more trivial battles you grind through like an idiot thinking you're getting more powerful the harder the game becomes, and rightly so.

JRPG fanbots used to the "Final Fantasy clone" system got bent over far and hard.

Game was designed after Romancing Saga not Final Fantasy - Squeenix kids cried in their pediasure - then blamed the game for being "bad".
---
You'll be my John G.
#38EternalFlame66Posted 12/3/2013 4:42:57 PM
The more trivial battles you grind through like an idiot thinking you're getting more powerful the harder the game becomes, and rightly so.

That makes no sense at all.

The game is bad, it did poorly and it's not getting a sequel.
---
Such is your fate.
#39Raven2827Posted 12/3/2013 4:49:00 PM
Actually, I loved it. The game had a great story in my opinion with a ton of side quests for characters that really fleshed out the world. The combat was cool and innovative, unlike the typical turn based. it was on sale on steam a few days ago for 2.4 dollars or something like that. The game runs great on PC unlike the 360 version [which i originally had, though still ran OK]. Buy the game, you won't regret it. Playing with a guide may actually help, at least for the side quests as some things are easily missable. This isn't the kind of game that I would play over though, more like a one-off.
---
ASUS P8P67 | 2600K @ 4.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 500GB Seagate 7200.12 | Intel 80GB SSD | GTX 260 | 42" @ 1920x1080 + 22" @ 1920x1080 | Win7 Ultimate x64
#40Dark_SpiretPosted 12/3/2013 4:51:59 PM
really good game provided youre willing to put the time into learning how it works.
---
Currently playing: Rogue Legacy - Tales of Xillia - Skyrim