This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some days, I still wonder how they hell Mass Effect when from this, to THIS

#1Forever ShadowedPosted 12/3/2013 5:45:02 PM
From

You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it

to

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Catalyst

!?!?!?!

Also, on the same "EA ruined it topic"; Dragon Age Origins is in my top 5 games of last gen. Well ... it was. But after DA2 I literally haven't brought myself to replay or even think about the series anymore, and I am embarrassed that people actually look forward to DA3.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#2NE_PatriotsFanPosted 12/3/2013 5:50:12 PM
Thats too bad, I loved DA: O and i enjoyed DA2 despite some of its flaws, and im def looking forward to DA3.

To each their own.
---
"Our hopes and dreams travel with you" Jor-El
#3LazyyAmericanPosted 12/3/2013 5:50:15 PM
The first ME will forever be known as the one worthy game of the series. They upped the ante with character dialogue in the second game....but overall the game felt like another generic tps. The soul of Mass Effect imo came from those actual cooldown times and needing to think about what to use rather then being able to spam anything and do anything as if it were Gears of War.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#4Forever Shadowed(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 5:54:05 PM
LazyyAmerican posted...
The first ME will forever be known as the one worthy game of the series. They upped the ante with character dialogue in the second game....but overall the game felt like another generic tps. The soul of Mass Effect imo came from those actual cooldown times and needing to think about what to use rather then being able to spam anything and do anything as if it were Gears of War.

Yes, it was the same kinda throwback, classic western RPG tactical style of combat that DA:O had as well.

Of course, in came EA and they decided they couldn't have things like strategy or tactics in their games, so DA:2 turned into Dynasty Warriors: Medieval Style.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#5wizardmonPosted 12/3/2013 6:00:46 PM
Forever Shadowed posted...
Of course, in came EA and they decided they couldn't have things like strategy or tactics in their games, so DA:2 turned into Dynasty Warriors: Medieval Style.

Not even joking, most of the combat in DA2 in my playthrough consisted of kiting everything into a ball and just spinning around doing AoE blade attacks.

At first I was confused at the gameplay for being so completely off from the first one, then I started to enjoy it by chanting "Will it blend!" every battle.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6steveboblarryPosted 12/3/2013 6:02:27 PM
Hopefully DA3 will be good, even though combat wise it is more Jrpgee
---
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy
#7GwendalPosted 12/3/2013 6:04:59 PM
LazyyAmerican posted...

This is exactly what you do for the last two-thirds of Mass Effect 1, though. Then there's things like Immunity to make yourself all but invincible. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the game and the series, but ME1 is probably the easiest and least balanced of the trilogy (again, after the first 20 levels or so).
---
Currently playing:
Crusader Kings 2 (PC), Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
#8zxelmanPosted 12/3/2013 6:06:10 PM
It may be because my taste in games, but most shooting games feel the same to me.

But I still enjoy the trilogy of ME. It could be better, but ME3 multiplayer is a kick with friends.
#9Last Grand MageX2Posted 12/3/2013 6:06:23 PM
Mass Effect sucked from the start, I honestly don't know how or why people praise that game/series as much as they do.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#10somebadlemonadePosted 12/3/2013 6:14:16 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
Mass Effect sucked from the start, I honestly don't know how or why people praise that game/series as much as they do.

maybe we like exploring space and can overlook bad cookie cutter plot *cough*star trek*cough*
if you analyze everything you can boil it down to its derivative, i should know i used to use that method to troll
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ