This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some days, I still wonder how they hell Mass Effect when from this, to THIS

#31MasterTurtlePosted 12/4/2013 2:56:44 AM
Forever Shadowed posted...
and I am embarrassed that people actually look forward to DA3.

DA3 looks good from gameplay trailers and the most obvious warning sign that DA2 had (the fact that it was released just over a year after DA1) isn't here

not going to run out and preorder it today but it's not like it being a good game is totally outside the realm of possibility
---
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
#32Forever Shadowed(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 5:55:23 AM
I like how people are slamming DA:Os combat.

Because that means the combat for the great, classic RPGs of all time are also bad.

RIP gaming.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#33Ch3wyPosted 12/4/2013 6:22:22 AM

Because that means the combat for the great, classic RPGs of all time are also bad.

RIP gaming.

It is. A lot of classic RPGs have horrible combat.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#34undercover_jerkPosted 12/4/2013 6:27:50 AM
for mass effect I just use the Indoctrination Theory. meaning all what happened was in a ''dream''. fromm me3.
---
playing atm: bfbc 2, tf2, warframe
#35ShadowThaReaperPosted 12/4/2013 7:54:52 AM
A lot of the writers from 1 didn't work on 2 and 3. The lead writer was also replaced in 3.

Bioware sucks.
#36ShadowThaReaperPosted 12/4/2013 7:56:13 AM
Akrid_Anomaly posted...
I never considered the fact that DA:O would be criticized for its story,of all things.
I consider DA:O to be THE best game I have ever played. The world and its lore were superbly crafted. It's one of the few games where I was compelled to seek out more of the world's lore and I religiously read every scrap of journal entries I ever got. I used to browse shops and read up some of the weapon descriptions because I got so into the game.

This is absolutely disgusting.

DAO was one of the most generic games ever crafted.
#37Forever Shadowed(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 8:02:07 AM
Ch3wy posted...

RIP gaming.

It is. A lot of classic RPGs have horrible combat.

Turnbased strategic tactical combat is not bad.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#38Bikes-Posted 12/4/2013 8:38:57 AM
Wulg posted...
I'm actually in the middle of a play through of DA:2 right now. Loved origins and awakening and I'm really enjoying 2. To be honest the only thing that feels different to me is action like combat (which I still pause ALOT playing on max difficulty). why so many complaints about 2?

This is all coming from someone who's first PC games were Baldur's Gate and Diablo 1

The game has several major flaws:
1: Enemies raining from the sky constantly. Some fights are almost impossible on your first attempt because the logical place to leave your squishies suddenly is flooded from above with no warning. How friendly fire was handled was also pretty stupid, I played the highest difficulty for a while, but having attacks that did 5% to the enemy one shot my team mates was....just a terrible decision. Made playing multiple melle a chore. Then there's those stupid stealth enemies that can one shot your guys at higher difficulties. IIRC there's a way to abuse their AI but it's been a while since I've played the game, I just remember them being a pain.

2: Terrible boss fights. Dragons are stupidly easy to kite, and the chapter 2 end boss was just tedious. I think I manged to completely break one by dragging the ads out of the boss room, killing them there, recovering outside since the dragon didn't care, and then going back in to kill it.

3: The plot, especially the last chapter. It's ok and I like what it built up for Da3, but it has some major flaws. The first being the whole champion of kirkwall thing (they hyped the hell out of that plot point before release, but the way it goes down was....just dumb) Then there's the total ruination and retconning of Justice/Anders. Then there's the contrived reason to fight the final boss which throws out most of your choices. Then there's the question of why the framework happens when Hawke really isn't that special (at least for what the inquisitor needs him/her for)

4. The game oozes off rushed out sequel. Levels are reused a lot and a lot of features were removed. (Being able to talk to your party members like DA:O had for the camp, and equipment for party members being completely ruined)

5. Dialogue options. Not as major, but losing the more gray moral choices in favor of ass/saint (and jokester for non choices) was a bad change.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#39UnderwaterAirPosted 12/4/2013 8:52:05 AM
Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters.

Better than Mass Effect. ggwp new age nubs =_=
#40doctoglethorpePosted 12/4/2013 8:58:54 AM
Mac Walters happened, unfortunately. Wiki that.