This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird, System Restore resulted in a BSOD

#1EternalFlame66Posted 12/4/2013 2:09:12 AM(edited)
I was troubleshooting some issue with youtube and chrome and I decided on a system restore (did a bunch of windows updates and a graphics card driver update recently so I wanted to roll that back) for a quick fix but upon booting up I was greeted with a BSOD - "Process1_Initialization_Failure". Even safe mode and last known good configuration didn't work.

I tried various things such as renaming the boot cache, but that didn't work. Ultimately I decided to run the SFC /scannow in cmd to try to repair critical system files from another OS (I multi boot). It said it detected problems but wasn't able to repair all of them. I ran this 3 times.

Then I went back to windows 7 and tried safe mode, I didn't get the blue screen this time but I was forced to restart. Then I was able to boot in, windows told me system restore failed blah blah.

Anyways, I reinstalled radeon drivers and cleared chrome cache and everything seems to be fine now (was having some problem with youtube which is almost definately caused by chrome cache (literally haven't cleared cache or anything in a year or so) and/or radeon drivers - gonna keep on using 13.4 for now.).

Huge waste of time but glad I worked it all out.

Asides from multi booting how would you fix this issue? I guess you could reinstall the whole OS (lolz I hate that) or use an emergency repair disk (which I don't even have o_o)
---
Such is your fate.