This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should have done this long ago...

#1YuniuninuniunPosted 12/4/2013 11:31:51 AM
Just got my new keyboard in the mail. Someone here suggested getting a Ducky Shine II a while ago and I saw a decent deal on a Ducky Shine 3 for Cyber Monday so I went a bought it. Man it's so nice, goodbye rubber domes hello beautiful cherry switches.

Gotta get used to the new feel though, so different. Not only the key presses but the speed of the keys. Playing a rhythm game and my timings were all off. Didn't think it'd make that big of a difference.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy XIV, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Ys: Memories of Celceta
#2BowsaaPosted 12/4/2013 11:35:02 AM
What did you have before? Just some generic rubberdome, or a particular model?
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#3Yuniuninuniun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 7:03:01 PM
Generic dell rubberdome that came with some prebuilt computer from ~2004
---
#4Pako PakoPosted 12/4/2013 7:37:09 PM
Is this the backlit kind? That's pretty amazing. (I'm still a fan of buckling spring-loaded keyboards. Although TBQH, I don't think I've never tried a cherry-mx keyboard.)
---
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
#5The_Count_FooPosted 12/4/2013 8:48:06 PM
The duckyshine keyboards are awesome. My gen 1 with mx reds has been going strong for awhile now. I'm thinking this baby will last me through the next few years.
---
Divided by night...
#6BowsaaPosted 12/4/2013 8:56:05 PM
The_Count_Foo posted...
The duckyshine keyboards are awesome. My gen 1 with mx reds has been going strong for awhile now. I'm thinking this baby will last me through the next few years.

I don't anything will be as impressive in the longevity department as the Dell Quietkey keyboards, though. They're rubberdomes, and still have lasted 13~15 years and are still going strong.

That being said, those Duckies are just sexy as all hell. I reallyyyyyy want one, but sadly I can't justify blowing $130+ on a keyboard. My CPU didn't even cost that much...
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#7Yuniuninuniun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 11:42:04 AM
Should have bought one on cyber monday. Got mine for $116 and came with free 3 day shipping.
---