This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Youtube ever be good?

#1Super_Thug44Posted 12/4/2013 6:01:29 PM
It's slow, constantly requires page refresh, and comment system sucks - Results (165 votes)
Yes
30.91% (51 votes)
No
69.09% (114 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It used to be good, then a year or so ago it just started turning into ****. Sometimes I can't even load 240p videos without the player deciding to stop. When it starts loading again it automatically lowers the quality to 144p. Unless I'm just doing something wrong, Youtube flat out sucks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Sophie's #1 Fan!
#2Loserman15Posted 12/4/2013 6:05:23 PM
Look into speeding up Youtube buffering; I know that I had problems and I used some tweaks I have forgotten how to do to disable the obvious throttling.
#3RPGMattPosted 12/4/2013 6:12:44 PM
They need a competitor.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#4Fade2black001Posted 12/4/2013 6:18:53 PM
RPGMatt posted...
They need a competitor.

LOL. No one can compete with YT. There way too big.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#5KabtheMentatPosted 12/4/2013 6:19:09 PM
RPGMatt posted...
They need a competitor.

They really do. Youtube has done nothing but go from bad to worse with each thing they do. Lately I've been getting the buffer bullcrap as well.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#6chase1234lifePosted 12/4/2013 6:19:27 PM

I think you're doing something wrong. Never had any issues with YouTube (Other than redesigns, * system to like system, and the implementation of Google+... Which are all horrible, but as far as the innerworkings of the the player/website, I've never had an issue).

Not to say there aren't better video sharing/streaming sites (Vimeo comes to mind immediately), but due to YouTube's prominence, they really don't account for much if anything as far as competition.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#7KabtheMentatPosted 12/4/2013 6:22:55 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
RPGMatt posted...
They need a competitor.

LOL. No one can compete with YT. There way too big.

So was IBM, Kodak, or General Motors. People at Google will eventually buy into their own bull **** so much that they think they can do anything and people will just go along. Eventually someone better and smarter will come up with something else and threaten them.

IBM managed to stay around and keep succeeding because they changed what they did.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#8ForeverZero2Posted 12/4/2013 6:33:11 PM
i just don't understand youtube, often it's pretty slow but there was one day opening any site took tenths of seconds and internet was really bad but i could watch 720p videos just fine
#9Madmicky933Posted 12/4/2013 6:39:34 PM
Guys, just get the "YouTube Center" extension. Turn off Dash Playback in the "Player" tab, put the Player Type to "Flash", and put the Flash Wmode to "Direct".

Videos will all stream all the way through.
Only downside: Newer videos (ones that came out in the last 6 months) can only be played in 144-360p and 720p.

If you turn Dash Playback back on, you can watch 1080p videos, but you won't be able to load a whole video. So, it's up to you. I'm fine with 720p loading all the way through right now.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..
#10Digital StormPosted 12/4/2013 6:53:43 PM
Always seems to work fine for me *shrug*
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.