This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do people not like playing arena shooters anymore?

#31animanganimePosted 12/5/2013 10:46:52 AM
atopp399 posted...
For me it gets to a point where you cannot even peak around a corner and you get your head blown off by some neckbeard who plays 10 hours a day but still uses a sniper rifle. I am mostly speaking of counter strike...

Anyway, when a game or series is fresh everyone is on the same playing field. As time goes on people figure out how to game the system, get insanely good and it just becomes no fun for me.

So much this, I was doing pretty good and having fun in Quake Live until I get to the top tier and then it's no longer fun, I am now having a difficult time getting just one kill in this tier, and there is no way to go and play with lower tier players :( (unless you pay)
---
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16GB G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS
#32GTL581(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 10:57:08 AM
Shin_Gallon posted...
MRN_Marn895 posted...
They are literally unplayable on a console, thats the only reason they are gone.

QFT

not true. i used to play unreal championship (yes, the port of everyone's least favorite ut game. that still doesn't make it not an arena shooter) all of the time with full bots on god mode, low gravity, game speed at max, instagib enabled, and still would come out on top. that may not be 100% the same as playing against "neckbeards" online, but i'd say that still means it can be done on consoles in some fashion at least. god mode bots and instagib are ****ing ridiculous.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#33ArayzielPosted 12/5/2013 10:59:26 AM
I used to hate fps before I discovered gems like Quake, DOOM, Painkiller, etc...

I can dig military shooters, but only if they're like old school Rainbow Six or Arma. COD was fun for a short while but got old quick.
#34GTL581(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 3:23:34 PM
Arayziel posted...
I used to hate fps before I discovered gems like Quake, DOOM, Painkiller, etc...

I can dig military shooters, but only if they're like old school Rainbow Six or Arma. COD was fun for a short while but got old quick.

those games are great, even though they're so old. i think heretic or hexxen may be my favorites from the doom engine tbh. i'm really anxious to see what the next trend in shooters will now that cod seems to be losing steam. i can only hope that change comes sooner rather than later.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#35somebody336Posted 12/5/2013 3:31:05 PM
I do. Not online though lol People have got insane talent these days >_>
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/