This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any programs that enables two mice and keyboards to be used concurrently?

#11kingoffpsPosted 12/5/2013 1:15:38 PM
TheWhoFan posted...
kingoffps posted...
Hmm what about a game that uses two mice. The right hand mouse for looking as usual. And the left hand mouse for moving.

That would give it the only advantage that it lacks over controllers (analog movement).

Any current computer mouse (i.e. that doesn't have a "ball") is digital. How would that emulate analog movement?

Ok so "analog" in the sense of variable speeds as achievable by an analog stick. Obivously with keyboards you have basically 2 speeds available (walk and run).

You could adjust the speed of movement based on how much you moved the left mouse.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#12BogePosted 12/5/2013 1:16:57 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Boge posted...
kingoffps posted...
Hmm what about a game that uses two mice. The right hand mouse for looking as usual. And the left hand mouse for moving.

That would give it the only advantage that it lacks over controllers (analog movement).

Skyrim, left hand acts as your shield or off hand swinging. Right hand acts as your sword. Real 1:1 motion in the game for fighting and blocking. That's what I'd like to see happen.

Uh wouldn't you need something that can measure movement in 3 dimensions instead of only 2, IE not a mouse?

You know, something like the Wiimote with the Motion+ thing.

I hadn't really thought it out fully, but I think it's the right direction for more interaction in our games. We've been playing games the same way since the emergence of video gaming and something needs to change.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#13KillerTrufflePosted 12/5/2013 1:23:36 PM
kingoffps posted...
TheWhoFan posted...
kingoffps posted...

Any current computer mouse (i.e. that doesn't have a "ball") is digital. How would that emulate analog movement?

Ok so "analog" in the sense of variable speeds as achievable by an analog stick. Obivously with keyboards you have basically 2 speeds available (walk and run).

You could adjust the speed of movement based on how much you moved the left mouse.

The biggest drawback would be that the mouse doesn't auto-center the way analog sticks do, which means it would be pretty tough to accurately and quickly find "center" to stop moving. The alternative would be to have you move only as far as you move the mouse, but seriously... who's going to put up with *constantly* picking up and re-adjusting the mouse? It would be horribly inefficient, inaccurate, and tiresome. There's no way a mouse could reasonably control accurate movement for an fps.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#14kingoffpsPosted 12/5/2013 1:37:53 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
kingoffps posted...
TheWhoFan posted...
kingoffps posted...

The biggest drawback would be that the mouse doesn't auto-center the way analog sticks do, which means it would be pretty tough to accurately and quickly find "center" to stop moving. The alternative would be to have you move only as far as you move the mouse, but seriously... who's going to put up with *constantly* picking up and re-adjusting the mouse? It would be horribly inefficient, inaccurate, and tiresome. There's no way a mouse could reasonably control accurate movement for an fps.

Yeah you're right :(

Maybe there are already gaming devices out there that are basically just a single analog stick along with a few keys which is intended to work on the left hand. I need to do some research.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#15daemon_danPosted 12/5/2013 1:43:31 PM
kingoffps posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
kingoffps posted...
TheWhoFan posted...
kingoffps posted...

Maybe there are already gaming devices out there that are basically just a single analog stick along with a few keys which is intended to work on the left hand. I need to do some research.

Not yet. Razer makes some gaming keypads that have programmable 8-way thumpads. Orbweaver, Tartarus, and nostromo. None of them are full analog however. But if they did have analog,they'd be exactly what you're decribing
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#16WyzeGyePosted 12/5/2013 1:50:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that multiple kb/m setups are up to devs to implement, and I'm nearly positive that Serious Sam 3 allows you do do just that.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/AEKc-vNv_rU - updated 11/21/2013
#17kingoffpsPosted 12/5/2013 1:55:01 PM
daemon_dan posted...

Not yet. Razer makes some gaming keypads that have programmable 8-way thumpads. Orbweaver, Tartarus, and nostromo. None of them are full analog however. But if they did have analog,they'd be exactly what you're decribing

Interesting info. Thanks.

Though even if it did have full analog it would need to actually be coded into games to use analog in conjunction with a mouse. Presumably games that allow both a 360 controller and mouse to be connected and active at the same time would allow this by default.
---
#18daemon_danPosted 12/5/2013 1:57:43 PM
kingoffps posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Interesting info. Thanks.

Though even if it did have full analog it would need to actually be coded into games to use analog in conjunction with a mouse. Presumably games that allow both a 360 controller and mouse to be connected and active at the same time would allow this by default.

Some games can do that. I have a long mouse cord and I stretch it to my bed and put a mouspad on a book when I want to lay in bed and play borderlands 2 at the same time. Just Cause 2 and GTA4 seemlessly switch as well, and so do AC 3 and 4 (don't know about the others).
---
#19KillerTrufflePosted 12/5/2013 2:17:06 PM(edited)
kingoffps posted...

There are several options like that actually. This is just one.

http://www.amazon.com/Frag-Shark-Controller-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B0047IOXAO

Then you've got the little gaming keypads that have analog sticks, like the G13...

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

So yes, there are options out there.

EDIT: (I'm not positive the G13's stick is actually analog...)
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#20daemon_danPosted 12/5/2013 2:53:32 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
kingoffps posted...

There are several options like that actually. This is just one.

http://www.amazon.com/Frag-Shark-Controller-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B0047IOXAO

Then you've got the little gaming keypads that have analog sticks, like the G13...

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

So yes, there are options out there.

EDIT: (I'm not positive the G13's stick is actually analog...)

the G13's stick is a programmable joystick. Perhaps it's analog for some games that support it, but for anything else it will be 8-way programmable
---