This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you pick up Starbound?

#31CrapFactoryPosted 12/6/2013 3:36:04 PM
I would highly recommend this game.

Yes, it is a Beta but it's pretty polished for a Beta.
It is a bit slow to pick up but then suddenly it's 30 hours later.

IF you don't pick it up now then wait for the non-Beta release (in several months) and you won't regret buying it!

Also they seem to patch this thing every day with bug fixes and stuff. They have a great community too.
---
5026 4452 4730 -3DS
#32MagnemightPosted 12/6/2013 3:44:54 PM
wait

so is the game gonna get more expensive on release or something

normally my policy is to wait for it to get at least 50% off before buying something on Steam
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#33CrapFactoryPosted 12/6/2013 3:59:53 PM
It's not known if it'll get more expensive at release, but it's been hinted at. So the deal you're waiting for might be here right now.

And the sales have been insane so they can easily raise the price if they wanted. It's the second most played Steam game and growing.
---
5026 4452 4730 -3DS
#34cody4783Posted 12/6/2013 7:06:36 PM
CrapFactory posted...
It's not known if it'll get more expensive at release, but it's been hinted at. So the deal you're waiting for might be here right now.

And the sales have been insane so they can easily raise the price if they wanted. It's the second most played Steam game and growing.

One reason I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and get it. Assuming it doesn't die out, I'm sure I'll buy it eventually. But waiting could prove annoying--or require waiting an exceptionally longer time.

Waited on Arma 3 and ended up missing out on the cheaper price (Got it in Beta rather than release, but still)
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#35kelemvorPosted 12/6/2013 9:42:10 PM
You can't change the key bindings yet and the developers think everyone uses WASD. *facepalm* All the lefties on the official Starbound boards are complaining. I'm sure that will get fixed soon though.

Some things are highly annoying but I can see the potential in the game. I'm just waiting for my friend to get his server up. One thing I like it is that it works with Linux and Macs. Couldn't play Terraria multiplayer because my friend's server is Linux based.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#36PaukenPosted 12/6/2013 10:44:14 PM
TheWhoFan posted...
If I buy the game on the official website (since I'm charged in US$ instead of Euros, and thus it's cheaper for me to get it there than on Steam), do I get a Steam key now, or do I have to wait until the game is officially released?

Edit: Nevermind. I totally lost interest in this game after reading what they plan to do with it... Yep. Nope.

Mind elaborating on what they're planning on doing that has turned you off so? I'd like to know, since if it's something terrible like Always Online DRM, updates that break 99% of mods and happen frequently enough to render mods pointless (*growls at Garry's Mod*), or having malware attached that sends all your personal info to the NSA's desk directly, it'd be nice to know that before I drool at the potential the game might have. There's only so many times one can be burned from a Diablo 3, Garry's Mod, or Xbone situation before one double checks everything to be sure that future purchases aren't built with any "screw the consumer" coding/practices in place.
#37Ep1taph303Posted 12/6/2013 10:56:27 PM
More indie garbage that people consume with raging hard ons.