This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

turn based warhammer/40k game?

#1GTL581Posted 12/5/2013 8:37:41 PM
why hasn't there been one yet? one that follows all rules of the tabletop game, army requirements, movements, etc. etc. unless there is one already.. and if so why haven't i heard of it?

the main reason i stopped playing was because it costs an asston of money to upkeep your army. codexes are expensive, new unites are expensive. my wallet just couldn't keep up. i would totally pay full price if there was one, but i guess dawn of war will have to do for now?
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#2LordOfLegaciesPosted 12/5/2013 8:50:17 PM
GTL581 posted...
it costs an asston of money to upkeep your army

Answered your question there. Games Workshop won't allow something like that because it would completely wipe out the tabletop game which makes them a hell of a lot more money than any video game ever would.

Personally, I like it this way. I don't play the game, I prefer modeling and painting.
If it helps though there's a new Space Hulk game on Steam that's pretty good.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#3GTL581(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 8:54:39 PM
that completely makes sense, and the thought did pop into my head at one point. i've heard mixed things about space hulk though, so i'll have to do some more research on it. kind of a bummer that it'll never happen, but i understand
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#4LordOfLegaciesPosted 12/5/2013 8:58:45 PM
Yeah the mixed reviews on the game are stupid. It's another faithful adaptation of the board game with better graphics, I'm not really sure what else they would be expecting. I've got it and it's really fun, tense, and frustrating enough to pull your f***ing hair out but not so much so that it's not fun.
---
#5biohazard1775Posted 12/5/2013 9:27:09 PM
Look for the Vassal Engine which lets you play most tabletop games on the PC.

There is also a turn-based game about the Wars for Armageddon coming soon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#6LordOfLegaciesPosted 12/6/2013 4:16:48 PM
biohazard1775 posted...
Look for the Vassal Engine which lets you play most tabletop games on the PC.

There is also a turn-based game about the Wars for Armageddon coming soon.

From what I understand, Vassal 40k is multiplayer only and it's really damn hard to find others who play it.

Please tell me more about this Armageddon Wars game though.
---
#7codyorrPosted 12/6/2013 6:59:11 PM
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate. Yes I own an original CD. It's OK. Pretty much follows the rules but is pretty much a squad on a mission map. It's not the game per se but it's mini missions in the games true style.
#8NateRose89Posted 12/10/2013 6:08:31 AM
codyorr posted...
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate. Yes I own an original CD. It's OK. Pretty much follows the rules but is pretty much a squad on a mission map. It's not the game per se but it's mini missions in the games true style.

I honestly thought I was the only human to still have this game. Absolutely love it.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#9pothocketPosted 12/10/2013 7:03:52 AM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Yeah the mixed reviews on the game are stupid. It's another faithful adaptation of the board game with better graphics, I'm not really sure what else they would be expecting. I've got it and it's really fun, tense, and frustrating enough to pull your f***ing hair out but not so much so that it's not fun.

I agree. Space Hulk is what it is, you either get it or you don't. It's really ignorant of reviewers to criticize an adaptation for successfully being an adaptation.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson