This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about directx 9.0c compatibilty

#1LoneWolf4545Posted 12/5/2013 9:20:15 PM
Ok... so I am terrible with computers and have an extremely basic computer. All im looking for right now is to play Starbound and one of the requirements for graphics is directx 9.0c compatible gpu. How do I find out if my computer works with that? All I have is integrated graphics so im not so sure It would be compatible.

Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family is what I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#232x2zPosted 12/5/2013 9:42:35 PM
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Ok... so I am terrible with computers and have an extremely basic computer. All im looking for right now is to play Starbound and one of the requirements for graphics is directx 9.0c compatible gpu. How do I find out if my computer works with that? All I have is integrated graphics so im not so sure It would be compatible.

Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family is what I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Down load a computer spec program.
#3calcyclePosted 12/5/2013 9:47:55 PM
Even easier and doesn't require downloading maybe shady stuff.

Go to search programs in start menu
type and select run
enter dxdiag.exe
you'll see your specs
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#4Kokuei05Posted 12/5/2013 9:52:23 PM

type and select run
enter dxdiag.exe
you'll see your specs

lol this guy will vanish or waste more of your time after you don't post the correct information.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#5LoneWolf4545(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 10:41:08 PM
calcycle posted...

type and select run
enter dxdiag.exe
you'll see your specs

Thanks man. I apparently have DirectX 10 installed so its perfect. Appreciate the help.
#6calcyclePosted 12/5/2013 10:57:05 PM
Just remember that even though they may have the same name (directx 9,directx 10, etc) All games were made with different versions of it. This is why you have to download Directx every time you install a new game.

Your chip is pretty old, it may have some issues with running the game. Upgrade if you feel like it.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing