This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help getting my second HDD working. it's unallocated what ever that means.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help getting my second HDD working. it's unallocated what ever that means.

User Info: Force59

Force59
3 years ago#1
So I got a new 2tb hard drive but it's not showing up. My PC is reading it, but when I go into disk management unallocated. I know that there must be a simple solution for this, but I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know what I need to do? My OS is Windows 7 64bit.
Intel i7-3770K 3.5GHz, Modular 750watt PSU, 16GB ram, ASUS P8Z77-V pro, WD Black 1TB, GTX 780 3gb, H100i with two NF-F12's, Fractal Design Define R4 mid tower.

User Info: k debonair

k debonair
3 years ago#2
in disk management, (right) click on the unallocated space and format it.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

Force59
3 years ago#3
k debonair posted...
in disk management, (right) click on the unallocated space and format it.

I don't see any option to format. The only options I can see when I right click on it is "New Simple Volume" "Properties" and "Help"
Intel i7-3770K 3.5GHz, Modular 750watt PSU, 16GB ram, ASUS P8Z77-V pro, WD Black 1TB, GTX 780 3gb, H100i with two NF-F12's, Fractal Design Define R4 mid tower.

Force59
3 years ago#4
Okay. I figured it out. I had to select the New Simple Volume. And then that allowed me to format my hard drive. It's now showing up. Thanks for the help.

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#5
You are welcome.
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help getting my second HDD working. it's unallocated what ever that means.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived