This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

alienware 14 question

#1HeyItsAnthonyPosted 12/5/2013 11:32:31 PM
So I know the general consensus is everybody hates these overpriced machinies as much as apple. The thing is, i found an incredivle deal on one on craigslist. It only cones with a 750m and the crappy display, but it does have an i7 in it. Would you guys buy this computer for 500 bucks under the transferable warranty still? Mind you i probably will only be playing civ 5 and league of legends, but i should be able to max most games on the lower resolution screen right? Crysis etc.
---
"Demonik is NOT better then me, I have screen-caps from multiple good people from this board saying otherwise." Fhos
Priority check.. go outside
#2JKatarnPosted 12/5/2013 11:42:02 PM(edited)
Assuming this is legit (working, not stolen property etc.), that's a pretty good deal. Most laptops in that price range come equipped with maybe an i5 and Intel/AMD integrated graphics, and that has a dedicated GPU. Granted, it's a 750M, not a 760/770, but that's still leagues beyond integrated and should handle any games at higher settings.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#3HeyItsAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 11:46:11 PM
Yeah im gonna load it up before i part with any cash. It has a few games on it that ill probsbly want to see in action. i mean if its still under warranty, i think i got q friggen steal
---
"Demonik is NOT better then me, I have screen-caps from multiple good people from this board saying otherwise." Fhos
#4HeyItsAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 9:53:34 AM
Bump
---
#5ShubPosted 12/6/2013 9:54:45 AM
As long as they're not lying about the specs, it's a good deal on a good computer.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.