This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

computer stopped booting up on "initializing usb controllers"

#1Skunkdog1Posted 12/6/2013 3:15:54 AM
i just got a new keyboard and mouse (logitech G19s and logitech G600 respectively), installed the drivers, plugged them in and they worked fine. so i uninstalled the drivers for my old mouse (razer hex) and went to bed.

i turn my computer on this morning only for the boot up screen to get stuck on this part. i turned off the computer, unplugged both devices, turned the computer on and it booted normally without a hitch.

how do you fix this?
#2silveryounglinkPosted 12/6/2013 9:26:27 AM
Where did the drivers come from? Did you use a disc that came with the devices? You should always ignore the discs and get drivers from the manufacturer website, as they will be more recent.

Go and grab driver sweeper, go into safe mode and get rid of any drivers that have to do with the old devices and the new ones, then install the new drivers in safe mode as well.
#3Skunkdog1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 10:59:33 AM
silveryounglink posted...
Where did the drivers come from? Did you use a disc that came with the devices? You should always ignore the discs and get drivers from the manufacturer website, as they will be more recent.

Go and grab driver sweeper, go into safe mode and get rid of any drivers that have to do with the old devices and the new ones, then install the new drivers in safe mode as well.

the drivers came from the logitech website itself as per the instructions that came with the keyboard.