This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone else deleted their google account recently?

#41codyorrPosted 12/6/2013 2:11:03 PM
No. I deleted mine a year ago. It's still there though. This merger made it obvious.
#42ShubPosted 12/6/2013 2:11:48 PM
If you got rid of your Google account, what did you switch to for email?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#43il_capitano(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2013 4:15:32 AM
Shub posted...

My main email had always been hotmail.
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#44ElDudorinoPosted 12/7/2013 5:13:35 AM
DiviDude posted...
No, although the quality of pretty much everything Google related has gone down considerably in recent memory. Searches in particular are becoming downright worthless - I search for a phrase in quotes and get top results (ones that *aren't* the ad pseudo-results) that don't even contain the phrase!

I have the same problem with Google searches now. I figured that the search commands had just changed and I needed to re-familiarize myself with how to use a search engine. Searching with + and "" used to be a straightforward affair and now my results are rarely what I intended.

I've also found that certain services which came with my Android phone have gone down in quality, such as when I was forced to switch from Google Places to Google+ Local, and I was pushed into creating a Google+ account so that I can even use a lot of features that I used to have free 'anonymous' access to.

I think the internet would be a far, far better place if it weren't anonymous the way it is now, but just forcing users of certain products to no longer be easily-identified is going to put those users at risk while the rest of the internet maintains its anonymity. I don't like it.
#45Super_Thug44Posted 12/7/2013 9:47:17 AM
il_capitano posted...
Shub posted...

My main email had always been hotmail.

Hell yeah. I always get crap when I tell people I still have a hotmail account I use.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Sophie's #1 Fan!
#46skychanPosted 12/7/2013 11:05:53 AM
waiting for google++ that need my real address then get hax
---
"I will thanks BlackEmac64 4ever" -skychan