This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Liquid cooler help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Liquid cooler help

User Info: Suiki

Suiki
3 years ago#1
Hi.

I am definitely going to get a liquid cooler for my CPU, but I'm not sure if I will be able to fit a 240mm rad inside my comp's case, if I went with push-pull.

The case, Mobo, and, cooler in question

Cooler Master Haf 922
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
Cooler Master Seidon 240M

Will the rad and a fan on each side fit inside my case, without interfering with my RAM, or will I have to do something kinda ugly and mount the pulling fans on the top, outside of the case?
The unofficial Armour King II of the TTT2 Boards.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#2
Google "Cooler Master HAF 922 240mm rad."
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

Suiki
3 years ago#3
Bump.

I took a measurement of my case's top from the dimm slots, and I have less than three inches of clearance.

I really want to do push-pull, but I don't have the clearance if I went with 1 inch-thick fans on each side of the rad.

Can anyone list some thin fans, preferably red LEDs?

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#4
Good choice on the LEDs, reds have been shown to increase speed by upwards of 23%
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#5
I think it is fine. 24cm rad does not mean 240mm fan, it is actually 2 120mm fans. Because it is 24cm radiator, you will have to mount it on the top exhaust. I think just get the cooler first and use the stock fans, see if you have clearance to add 2 more fans.

Suiki
3 years ago#6
If I cannot mount two extra fans on the opposite side of the rad, I will just resign myself to using a push-only system, unless someone can list thinner fans...

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#7
I don't think there are any 12cm/14cm fans that are 3 inches thick.

User Info: Ticking_Death

Ticking_Death
3 years ago#8
TimePharaoh posted...
Good choice on the LEDs, reds have been shown to increase speed by upwards of 23%

Back in my day, red made them go 3x faster.

How things have changed...
MSI Z87-G45 ATX LGA1150 | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Western Digital 1TB HDD
Using a bow sure has its drawbacks. :V
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Liquid cooler help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived