This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a massive GoT fan, should I buy Crusader Kings 2 and mod it?

#1RenegadeDrowPosted 12/6/2013 6:12:31 PM
What's the game like and why is it better then Civ5 or the Total War games?

Is it a good game? While modded?

Thanks.
---
Listen carefully.
PSN: theDONI
#2josh_bPosted 12/6/2013 6:26:26 PM
It's really not like ether of those games. It has a very steep learning curve. It helps if you have played past paradox Strategy games.

the core essence of the game's concept: arranged marriages, childbirth, and succession are incredibly important, giving you social links, alliances, potential inheritance, and cause-for-war in the name of claiming one's "rightful land". However, the player must also be mindful of the ambitions of others, not only from other lands but from your own court and family. Characters will scheme, plot, form alliances, and make assassination attempts if it suits them.

The pure randomness of the game is amazing. It's the one game I always come back to. It's on Steam and Green Man Gaming for $9.99 and the Expansions are worth the added price as well.

There is GoT mod that is very worth it as well.

http://www.gamefront.com/play-this-now-a-game-of-thrones-mod-for-crusader-kings-ii/
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#3kelemvorPosted 12/6/2013 8:28:18 PM
If you like strategy games, then you should give it a try.

I would probably play Crusader Kings 2 vanilla and learn the ropes first though. The Civilization series is a lightweight strategy game compared to Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Europa Universalis, and Crusader Kings series. Paradox makes games for "smart people" but they aren't too hard to learn if you enjoy strategy games and want to try a deeper gaming experience. Just be prepared to sit down and learn some things before you actually start playing for fun. Taking the tutorials and reading the wiki are *mandatory* if you are a newbie.

I come from a gaming generation where games came with big instruction manuals and the developers expected that everyone would read them, so maybe I had more patience to learn the game I guess.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#4Kokuei05Posted 12/6/2013 8:29:54 PM
There's no boobs or dragons.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#5APicPosted 12/6/2013 8:37:10 PM
You should get it even if you aren't a GoT fan.
---
Life is just a fantasy