This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Just Cause 2 worth playing now?

#1Star_NutsPosted 12/7/2013 1:17:45 AM
I saw some gameplay and it seems a bit out dated, seeing how you can't aim down sites and enemies just stand still while shooting with terrible accuracy. Is there so much more to the game than that or if that sort of thing bothers me, will I probably be disappointed?
---
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl - 31 Dec 2012
http://therealkenjones.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/chargers-logo.gif
#2TheSchrefPosted 12/7/2013 1:33:54 AM
It's, like, 3 bucks when it's on sale. Pick it up and try it.
#3TheWhoFanPosted 12/7/2013 2:56:51 AM
Yes. You will be disappointed. Video gaming is over. Move on to other, more productive things.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#4maybecallsPosted 12/7/2013 3:31:25 AM
You could always try the demo. on Steam.
#5kill2thisPosted 12/7/2013 3:33:35 AM
The multiplayer mod comes out officially on Steam on the 16th of this month.
#6snesmaster40Posted 12/7/2013 4:31:04 AM
You can't aim down sights in GTA V either :/

Looks like GTA V is outdated :(
---
Are we not men?
#7_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/7/2013 4:40:56 AM
I think aiming down the sights is not a necessary mechanic in a shooter. In fact, while I can appreciate the mechanic in military shooters, I hope we might still see some arena type shooters without this mechanic.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes I think it is still worth playing Just Cause 2. I think it is still one of the better looking games on the PC, and the gameplay mechanics are pretty fun. Most of all it is a playground kind of game. Some people love having that freedom and use it to the fullest. Others feel like they are not sure what to do and never enjoy that kind of thing.

Imo JC2 was one of the best games of the last generations. There have been tons of singple player shooters that got a lot more attention but were not nearly as much fun (Far Cry 2 for example).
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#8MaxCHEATER64Posted 12/7/2013 5:11:04 AM
Star_Nuts posted...
I saw some gameplay and it seems a bit out dated, seeing how you can't aim down sites and enemies just stand still while shooting with terrible accuracy. Is there so much more to the game than that or if that sort of thing bothers me, will I probably be disappointed?

Sounds like you just flat out don't like third person shooters.

Having a TPS that randomly moves into first person would be insane. There is a function where you get the "pinpoint" accuracy of ADS if you want to, and you can even bind if to RMB if you really feel like it.

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#9BkongoPosted 12/7/2013 5:33:43 AM
It's one of the better games of the past few years and the mods are excellent, plus, they're coming out with a superb looking multiplayer mod. So yeah, worth playing.
#10Jas_PataPosted 12/7/2013 6:00:09 AM(edited)
I have it on 360 and plan to get it off Steam when my ( first :D ) build is done, as soon as newegg ships my damn CPU.. the game is huge, a lot of it is pretty bland but on a macro level It's quite diverse and enjoyable - beaches, huge mountains, jungles, a good sized city, tons of military bases and outposts. The grappling hook is a bunch of fun - tethering someone to an oxygen tank, shooting th tank and watch it rocket off dragging them through the air behind it is a good example of It's creative use. I'd say It's easily worth a try especially for how cheap it can be had.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud