This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I may have killed my computer.

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2013 9:13:12 AM(edited)
Alucard188 posted...
Hm. Would having HDDs on different SATA ports make a difference? I pulled my drive bays out of my tower to clean the dust out, and I likely hooked them back into the computer on a different SATA cable than they had. I don't think that would matter, as my understanding of it is it looks for what drive has the boot record, not which is hooked into which SATA port.

Ah, no it wouldn't matter. It would maybe delay post a bit but it's possibly you have something touching causing a short, check the motherboard and verify it's not being grounded on metal, etc. Maybe a wire touching something it shouldn't, this would cause it not to start.

It sounds most likely like a power issue from how you described, more like it's a short or loose power cable.

Also, if you moderated me in past, I have one question. What the f*** did I ever do to you?!
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#12Alucard188(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/7/2013 4:43:49 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Also, if you moderated me in past, I have one question. What the f*** did I ever do to you?!

I don't care about the individuals I moderate. If I see a violation in the queue, I act on it. There is nothing personal behind it.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
#13codyorrPosted 12/7/2013 5:15:13 PM
Yeah, you probably burned up the processor. I did this twice 10 years ago. Too much paste is a killer. Hopefully I'm wrong.