This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Change default game save/settings location?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Change default game save/settings location?
3 years ago#1
I've noticed that many games default their game saves and game settings into the "My documents" folder for the user logged into that computer. I was wondering if there is a way to change all that so games automatically go somewhere else, even if its into another folder within "My Documents"
The console war is over, both consoles have gone casual, neither won the war. They both just kind of...gave up.
3 years ago#2
I think you can use symbolic links. Just google "windows symbolic links" for more info, I haven't done it myself.
3 years ago#3
I don't think there is a way to by default have ALL games save in a particular place.

Rolen47 posted...
I think you can use symbolic links. Just google "windows symbolic links" for more info, I haven't done it myself.

Only problem with this is that you would have to do it for every game or publisher/dev unless you move the entire my documents folder.

Although I would recommend steammover if you do go with symbolic links as it's the easiest method I've found (despite it's intended purpose)
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Change default game save/settings location?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived