This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Change default game save/settings location?

#1kemPhReAkPosted 12/7/2013 7:28:09 AM
I've noticed that many games default their game saves and game settings into the "My documents" folder for the user logged into that computer. I was wondering if there is a way to change all that so games automatically go somewhere else, even if its into another folder within "My Documents"
---
The console war is over, both consoles have gone casual, neither won the war. They both just kind of...gave up.
#2Rolen47Posted 12/7/2013 10:05:52 AM
I think you can use symbolic links. Just google "windows symbolic links" for more info, I haven't done it myself.
#3betatechPosted 12/7/2013 10:26:38 AM
I don't think there is a way to by default have ALL games save in a particular place.

Rolen47 posted...
I think you can use symbolic links. Just google "windows symbolic links" for more info, I haven't done it myself.

Only problem with this is that you would have to do it for every game or publisher/dev unless you move the entire my documents folder.

Although I would recommend steammover if you do go with symbolic links as it's the easiest method I've found (despite it's intended purpose)
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.