This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just made my first $1 Off of Litecoin Mining

#71CC RicersPosted 12/12/2013 3:09:51 PM(edited)
I can't speak for Litecoin and the other minor coins, but I can see Bitcoin being a big success in countries that few fiscal barriers and regulations with banking, or with governments that are very terrible in managing their budget and money supply. Especially if you want to send instant money for almost free to people in these countries, Western Union is gonna be shaking in their boots unless they can learn to adopt to it.

I picked up a used 7950 for $200, just before the price explosion. So I got lucky there. Got one whole Litecoin so far and like 30 feather coins in the past week which makes about $60. I am trying to switch between Feathercoin, Litecoin and Worldcoin. it's starting to go in over my head when the most profitable coin can switch any day, but there are a few pools that automatically switch to you to the best coin to mine any given round and optionally convert back to bitcoin.
---
I've had the halftime of my life
and I owe it all to S.U.
#72Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 7:55:16 PM
CC Ricers posted...
I can't speak for Litecoin and the other minor coins, but I can see Bitcoin being a big success in countries that few fiscal barriers and regulations with banking, or with governments that are very terrible in managing their budget and money supply. Especially if you want to send instant money for almost free to people in these countries, Western Union is gonna be shaking in their boots unless they can learn to adopt to it.

I picked up a used 7950 for $200, just before the price explosion. So I got lucky there. Got one whole Litecoin so far and like 30 feather coins in the past week which makes about $60. I am trying to switch between Feathercoin, Litecoin and Worldcoin. it's starting to go in over my head when the most profitable coin can switch any day, but there are a few pools that automatically switch to you to the best coin to mine any given round and optionally convert back to bitcoin.

What pool does that?
#73cmincPosted 12/12/2013 8:14:13 PM
WyzeGye posted...
Most people in the USA that use emulators do so illegally. They still do it.

I don't see the government sending anybody to jail over what many are equating to Monopoly Money.

Making laws around purely digital entities is a lost cause, and everybody knows it.

a million times this. If there arent cops specifically trained in the actual legality of initiating the charge, arrest and punishment it might as well be legal because no ones coming over for it.
---
---
#74ElementalWindPosted 12/12/2013 9:33:54 PM
You guys realize it's impossible for Bitcoins/any of these to become big, right? Like actually mathematically impossible?
You going to post a proof, then?
---
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero
#75XxTwisted26xXPosted 12/15/2013 8:35:49 PM
Did you do this using 1 computer or a bunch?
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms
#76Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 9:04:03 PM
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Did you do this using 1 computer or a bunch?

just one
#77XxTwisted26xXPosted 12/15/2013 9:08:48 PM
Nice! Is there a guide you used to get started?
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms
#78RavenoussdPosted 12/15/2013 9:11:33 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So running your gpus at 100% for 24 hours = 11 bucks, you're probably averaging like 50 cents a day after you pay the electric bill

It also kills the GPU's lifespan.

Boge posted...
Pal 080 posted...
wtf $11 a day for wasting your time and life? What kind of peasant are you?

Imagine if the price on those coins jumps to $1300 like Bitcoins. It's not $11 anymore.

Yes but why would it jump? Also is there even a way to get that much money out besides trading with shady people in real life? There is literally nothing to make litecoins jump except idiots being idiots.

remember there are alot of idiots
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
#79Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 3:50:39 PM
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Nice! Is there a guide you used to get started?

Yeah this is what i used

http://www.overclock.net/t/1398250/official-tutorial-how-to-start-mining-litecoins
#80CC RicersPosted 12/17/2013 2:57:14 PM
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
CC Ricers posted...

What pool does that?

Middlecoin and Hashcows do this. I haven't tried them fully yet but they both pay you directly to your Bitcoin wallet.
---
I've had the halftime of my life
and I owe it all to S.U.