This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Torment: Tides of Numenera announced to be turn based combat

#51ChromaticAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 2:28:46 PM
Slayn posted...
So it's going to be like Final Fantasy 7?

no it'll probably be more like Fallout 1 and 2
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#52Arsene-LupinPosted 12/10/2013 5:42:23 PM(edited)
CircleOfManias posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...
I'm disappointed.

TB combat is too often used as padding in RPGs. Combat should not be the focus of Torment, and a TB system means we'll have to be spending way too much time in combat, comparatively. The greatest strength of RTwP is that it can take as long a or as lilttle time as possible.

I worry Torment will feel like little more than a mod of Wasteland 2.

Did you read the update

I've read all the updates.
It doesn't matter what they say about how they plan to execute TB combat or even intend to execute TB content, what matters is the final product. And even if it has the snappiest, disgaea-fast TB combat imaginable... it will still be tedious padding because TB combat will ALWAYS take much longer to slog through than RTwP.

ChromaticAngel posted...
Slayn posted...
So it's going to be like Final Fantasy 7?

no it'll probably be more like Fallout 1 and 2

No, it'll will be like Wasteland 2 with a magic/melee system tossed in.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#53GrabacrLeaderPosted 12/10/2013 6:08:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54TheOtherGuyXPosted 12/11/2013 2:54:11 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
So you're arguing that Hunted, Bard's Tale HD and Choplifter HD are all excellent games and well regarded with the gaming community? LMAO

You're continously bringing up past throwaway games and yet Beamdog has released what original content to prove their talents? Do you want to compare their resume to Fargo's? I mean seriously, do you? LMAO

Yes, we already know that Inxile as a whole have done nothing notable to date which made people suspicious from the get go. I suppose you enjoy ignoring all the specific people they hired on for Wasteland 2 and Torment as well, plus what we have already seen so far.

Wait a second, did you state that they only have one Black Isle staff member and only hired as a consultant? Good grief, the ignorance just keeps flowing. Chris Avellone and Colin McComb (one of the project leads, maybe you should Google his past work) would like to say hello. Do I need to mention Mark Morgan too? Care to embarrass yourself further?

What's funny about all this is you're supposedly a Kickstarter backer, so what does this say about you when you keep bringing up Inxile's track record? It'd be like me investing in Bethesda to make Wizardry 10, while also being aware of their horrid games over the past decade. Then crying for a refund months later when it's revealed the game will not be what I wanted, and instead panders to Beth fans.

You're quite the smart invester.

Fenriswolf posted...
And if you're going to think I'm going to waste time registering to a website with 18 pages of people shouting "no you!" to each other, and enlightened comments like this:

All you had to do was read the opening post and perhaps watch the video he responded to. I'd personally have nothing more to add on the subject that he didn't cover in regards to real time vs turn-based, and would've laughed at your attempts to respond with your stances. Nice to see you ignored everything though and went straight for a throwaway post to quote disregarding all other content.

Poor Beamdog plant, is it perhaps that you really have no arguments and cannot even defend your own views?

Since basically your only arguments here so far are: "It's my opinion!!" and "In real life, you don't take turns." Seriously, do I really need to pick apart how god damn silly the last part is in regards to video games and RPGs in general? Especially since we're also talking about real-time with pause?

Perhaps you should stick to promoting cashgrabs, quoting feature lists and keep your nonsense views that you can't even articulate to yourself.
---
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
#55thegreatsquarePosted 12/11/2013 5:17:07 AM
Can I get my kickstarter money back?

I loathe turn-based games. I won't play them.
---
ASUS G73jh i7 720/Mobility HD 5870/6GB DDR3 1404MHz/Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid HDD
#56aak57Posted 12/11/2013 6:31:38 AM
thegreatsquare posted...

Chalk it up as a lesson to not throw down money on something that doesn't even exist if you aren't open to all forms it might take.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#57clowningPosted 12/11/2013 9:23:31 AM
thegreatsquare posted...

Kickstarter donations...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh, sorry. Yeah, never give money to kickstarter games....
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle