This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God, when is this tablet fad going to end

#51Englandfc1966Posted 12/8/2013 10:48:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#52ThescyyPosted 12/8/2013 11:05:12 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...
Fate8 posted...
I don't think it is a fad.

You're wrong, it is a fad. An abomination between a smartphone and a laptop that only gained popularity because if the ipad. Smartphones have just as much power these days as tablets do and can do a lot more, and latops today can be just as powerful as desktops. Tablets have no real place in electronics. It's just a screen that you can't rest on your lap because it doesn't have a keyboard and can't keep in your pocket because it's too big. It has to be the dumbest invention since the snuggie.

If people really want a tablet, they should at least get a hybrid device like the lenovo yoga. At least that has all the functionality of a tablet and a laptop.

And no, just no.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 2133mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#53Knighted DragonPosted 12/8/2013 11:54:28 AM
I know it's a troll topic but they aren't a fad. I used to hate on them all the time as well until I got one for class, and they are extremely useful. Mine was great for taking notes in class, quickly looking things up, reading manga and comics etc. Or at least it was great until I dropped it and broke it =/
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#54reincarnator07Posted 12/8/2013 3:42:23 PM
I used to have a laptop that I used for internet, media and some very light gaming. The screen was a low res TN panel, it was pretty heavy, the battery life was terribad and it felt flimsy at best. Most tablets these days are coming with nice 1080p+ IPS panels and can last several hours of moderate use before needing a recharge. They're also one hell of a lot more portable than most cheap laptops while still feeling pretty solid. Personally, I see almost no place for similarly priced laptops, particularly for casuals who just want something for internet, facebook and youtube.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero