This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good PC games under 20 dollars?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any good PC games under 20 dollars?
2 years ago#1
Interested in expanding my PC library.

Specs:
AMD Dual-Core E-3000
4 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6310
Windows 8
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
2 years ago#2
Well, you just missed the steam sale.

There's not a whole lot that will be really playable on that. That's a very low end machine by today;s standards and anything demanding won't run well at all.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
2 years ago#3
You might be able to get some older games later during the Winter Steam sale. I think that system could at least handle RE5 so you want to look at games older then 2009.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
2 years ago#4
Crusader Kings 2.

If you like strategy and/or RPGs, you'll probably like CK2.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
2 years ago#5
most games on gog.

http://www.gog.com/promo/trine_2_launch_promo_031213
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
2 years ago#6
It helps if you list what kind of games you like.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
Wow. Kenny's a Japanese Princess..
2 years ago#7
Check humble bundle's website, though you really won't be able to play very many games at all on that PC
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
2 years ago#8
If you like games like Diablo, then you might be interested in the games by Soldak Entertainment. All of their games are ARPGs, but with a strong sense of urgency and real consequences for your actions. Depths of Peril adds to the ARPG formula with AI factions that are competing against you for the same quests to gain favor with the town. Din's Curse is the most traditional of the bunch if you're looking for something more familiar. Their latest game, Drox Operative, takes that ARPG formula and drops it in space, and gives it a 4X backdrop.

The games aren't exactly pretty, but that just means all the games would easily run on your PC. Depths of Peril and Din's Curse are both on Steam, and Drox Operative is currently in Greenlight (though released through Soldak's website). All games are $20 or less, and they all have demos.
2 years ago#9
Lady Une posted...
It helps if you list what kind of games you like.

RPGs, Shooters, Action and Platforming.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
2 years ago#10
It'll probably run Mount and Blade Warband okayish, and I would certainly recommend that game seeing as I've racked up nearly 800 hours on it so far.

A few other old favourites that will definitely run alright:-

Bejeweled Twist
Zuma Deluxe
Scrabble Plus
Mr Driller
Risk 2
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
Unreal Tournament (1999)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any good PC games under 20 dollars?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived