This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let us discuss: No Man's Sky and the possibilities of games like this

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Let us discuss: No Man's Sky and the possibilities of games like this
1 year ago#11
JKatarn posted...
An interesting trailer is one thing, an actual working and compelling game is another. While the trailer definitely piqued my interest, I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the completed game.

...True. I'm honestly curious how this team came up with something like this. I mean they only have Danger games under there belt. To go from that to...this is insane.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
Steam ID: xcyper33
1 year ago#12
luigi33 posted...
JKatarn posted...
An interesting trailer is one thing, an actual working and compelling game is another. While the trailer definitely piqued my interest, I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the completed game.

...True. I'm honestly curious how this team came up with something like this. I mean they only have Danger games under there belt. To go from that to...this is insane.

Yep, that's why while the trailer definitely looks very cool, I have my doubts, given the very limited experience of the team that they'll be able to pull this off. More power to them if they can, I would definitely purchase this if it indeed delivers on its promises.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
1 year ago#13
Just saw the trailer, looks cool, hope it turns out well.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
1 year ago#14
I doubt it will be good but I"ll still be buying it because this seems like the game I've always dreamed of. :p
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
1 year ago#15
How are they going to store all the locations that you've previously visited? Unless they're just not going to do that...
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
1 year ago#16
3D starbound?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
1 year ago#17
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
How are they going to store all the locations that you've previously visited? Unless they're just not going to do that...

I imagine each virtual "universe" and each constituent star/planet etc. will be written out to disk as you access them.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
1 year ago#18
JKatarn posted...
Bazooka_Penguin posted...

I imagine each virtual "universe" and each constituent star/planet etc. will be written out to disk as you access them.

The load times are going to be absolutely horrible. And I imagine it will take up a lot of storage space.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
1 year ago#19
That is true...how the heck will they 'map' locations and remember them? Will each 'server' procedural generate a galaxy?

How will mapping stuff work?
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
Steam ID: xcyper33
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Let us discuss: No Man's Sky and the possibilities of games like this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived