This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never thought a Sonic game could be fun...

#1Freelance_WolfPosted 12/8/2013 7:40:26 AM(edited)
...but the racing game on Free Weekend right now blows Mario Kart out of the water. I wish I could get it, but financial problems prevents me from doing so. Is anyone else loving this game too? I managed to level up one character last night.

Man it will be gone in 5 hours, and I can't play games until the evening when it's already long gone. I can't even play it one last time before it ends. It makes me sad. Ah well, maybe next year.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#2KidInTheHallPosted 12/8/2013 7:40:45 AM
Are you the guy that likes to ask for free games?

Something about your name is very familiar.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 12/8/2013 7:44:01 AM
I played it on the last free weekend; seems like a mario kart knockoff that missed the point entirely. Great stuff for casuals who want pretty colours and go zoom zoom vroom, but unremarkable otherwise.

Also, the first four Sonic games were great, and the first Rush was good fun. I heard good things about Colours, too.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#4KidInTheHallPosted 12/8/2013 7:48:11 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I played it on the last free weekend; seems like a mario kart knockoff that missed the point entirely. Great stuff for casuals who want pretty colors and go zoom zoom vroom, but unremarkable otherwise.

Also, the first four Sonic games were great, and the first Rush was good fun. I heard good things about Colors, too.

*Edited for proper spelling.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#5Freelance_Wolf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 7:53:10 AM(edited)
Oh really? I haven't liked Mario Kart since the first one on SNES.

BTW, I dunno if I ask for free games. If someone is giving games away, I do ask sometimes if I can get a game. I may also sometimes state that I played a game, it was cool and that I want it, but I don't think I've ever -begged- for a game, if that's what you're asking. Maybe it's because I have the word 'free' in my name.

I'm rather nice and cute actually. I'm just sad I can't give the game one last 'hurrah' before it disappears.

---
#6MagnemightPosted 12/8/2013 7:54:04 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I played it on the last free weekend; seems like a mario kart knockoff that missed the point entirely. Great stuff for casuals who want pretty colours and go zoom zoom vroom, but unremarkable otherwise.

Also, the first four Sonic games were great, and the first Rush was good fun. I heard good things about Colours, too.

looks like someone didn't use the trick system

Also the game goes on sale practically bi-monthly, so y'might be able to pick it up TC.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#7KidInTheHallPosted 12/8/2013 7:55:59 AM(edited)
Hmmmmm........okay then....add me on Steam and I'll gift you a copy.

Actually send me a PM with your Steam ID instead.

---
#8MonkeymagePosted 12/8/2013 7:56:58 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

What is "the point" of Mario Kart?
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#9KidInTheHallPosted 12/8/2013 7:59:29 AM
^ lol this guy doesn't get it....but...but you and me Dark...we totally get it.......bro fist?

*holds out fist*
---
#10Freelance_Wolf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 8:19:16 AM
OK so one person here doesn't like this game. I really don't like/care for Mario Kart, sorry. I don't like the weapons (especially those accursed blue shells). I like the tracks in this Sonic game better, and other things, although I don't know any of the characters except the actual Sonic guys.
---