This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VGX: Gone Home is the winner of 2013's Best PC Game.

#21KilronPosted 12/8/2013 9:36:52 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
It's not as if there were many PC games for it to compete against.

Kerbal Space Program deserved it more than Gone Home imo.

KSP isn't even out of alpha yet...not that I don't agree with you.
---
A duck walks into a doctor's office and says, "Quack!"
#22biohazard1775Posted 12/8/2013 9:41:19 PM
somebody336 posted...
It's a game? >.>

---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#23TheMoonJumperPosted 12/12/2013 3:41:19 AM
akuma634 posted...
somebody336 posted...
It's a game? >.>

Why wouldn't it be? Can you push start and view it to the credits without any user input? It's a game. Deal with it.

A horrible game.
---
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 520 128GB Cherryville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold
#24FeatherwindPosted 12/12/2013 4:50:18 AM
I doubt anyone on this board would link to Spike unless they did things like this. Thanks to the way advertising and attention works you don't necessarily need to be taken "seriously". Being controversial is easier than creating a video game awards show worth watching and sharing. For example the most talked about LPer on this board is probably PewDiePie even though hardly anyone admits to liking him or thinking that his work is worth watching. I didn't even know what Spike or PewDiePie were before their controversial actions were shared and then I googled them. You can get attention at the loss of "credibility" and many people take that deal.
---
pathological
#25AlleRacingPosted 12/12/2013 7:07:12 AM
For the record, the panel of 'experts' that picked the winners comprised of, among others, 3 members of Polygon (close friends with the Fullbright Company, the ones who made Gone Home) and 2 members of Kotaku. It sure is a mystery how Gone Home won both the PC game category and the indie game category. Then again, taking Keighley's terrible award show seriously is pretty dumb.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#26ShadowThaReaperPosted 12/12/2013 8:09:43 AM
AlleRacing posted...
For the record, the panel of 'experts' that picked the winners comprised of, among others, 3 members of Polygon (close friends with the Fullbright Company, the ones who made Gone Home) and 2 members of Kotaku. It sure is a mystery how Gone Home won both the PC game category and the indie game category. Then again, taking Keighley's terrible award show seriously is pretty dumb.

This. It really sucks how most people think it was an actual vote by the people. It was rigged from the beginning.

Gone Home shouldn't have even been nominated.
#27pothocketPosted 12/12/2013 8:12:19 AM
akuma634 posted...
somebody336 posted...
It's a game? >.>

Why wouldn't it be? Can you push start and view it to the credits without any user input? It's a game. Deal with it.

By that logic movies are games too.

Let's be realistic. If the player is not making risk/reward choices than it's not a game. Deal with it.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#28Ch3wyPosted 12/12/2013 8:13:31 AM
pothocket posted...
akuma634 posted...
somebody336 posted...
It's a game? >.>

By that logic movies are games too.

Let's be realistic. If the player is not making risk/reward choices than it's not a game. Deal with it.

I've watched a good deal of movies where I can press play and view to the credits without any user input.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#29SnadadosPosted 12/12/2013 8:41:32 AM
somebody336 posted...
It's a game? >.>

---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#30snesmaster40Posted 12/12/2013 8:49:58 AM
I hope Gone Home winning this award of little value doesn't encourage indie devs to just make short games for an easy buck. It's still being sold at 14.99 despite being about 3 hours long.
---
Are we not men?