This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When using my Microphone, all audio output is in mono.

#1TheAnthraxBunnyPosted 12/9/2013 1:05:17 AM(edited)
The output, not the input. For example, if I'm talking to somebody on skype, any YouTube video I watch, any music I listen to, will all be on mono. Does anyone have a possible solution for this?

Edit: Pretend the word "microphone" isn't capitalized.
---
The best you can is good enough.
#2TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 1:31:11 PM
Bump because this is important.
---
#3TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 1:44:04 AM
If you guys can't help me I'm going to lose all hope.
---
#4TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 1:47:29 AM
Never mind. I just fixed it. I changed my microphone to something called "Stereo mix". Closing topic.
---
#5wizardmonPosted 12/10/2013 1:53:42 AM(edited)
Stereo mix is not a microphone input though, it's recording the audio your system is outputting as a mic.

As in, say if you where in a Skype call, and you had a Youtube playing in the background whilst talking to someone, they would be hearing the audio from the Youtube video as loud as it's playing on your system.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 1:53:16 AM
You're right. And now I'm back to where I started.
---
#7Flaktrooper123Posted 12/10/2013 2:00:10 AM
That is because the microphone input is mono. Unless you have a stereo setup with multiple microphone, or do some manual audio editing, you will always end up with mono.
#8wizardmonPosted 12/10/2013 2:16:29 AM
Flaktrooper123 posted...
That is because the microphone input is mono. Unless you have a stereo setup with multiple microphone, or do some manual audio editing, you will always end up with mono.

He's talking about his computers output of it's normal audio, not his input. His soundcard is outputting to mono only when his microphone is in use.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#9TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 2:18:28 AM
Flaktrooper123 posted...

I'm not talking about the input. I know the input is mono. Whenever my microphone is in use (regardless of what program is using it) all sound on my desktop is in mono. The internet, iTunes, any game I play, It's all in mono as long as the microphone is being used. I'm assuming this problem can be fixed somehow because I don't have this problem when booted into Linux.
---
#10arleasPosted 12/10/2013 2:30:06 AM
Sounds like some weird lame audio driver nonsense. I would make sure my audio drivers were up to date... not saying that's going to 100% fix your problem, just that it's the first place I'd start looking. I've never in all my years of gaming had this problem so I can't give you any REAL help.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png