This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 8/8.1 sales plummeting; starting to become outsold by Windows 7.

#131AlexKidd5000Posted 12/10/2013 3:44:24 PM
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
pothocket posted...
A damn shame considering how inferior Win7 is. The ignorant plebs would rather stick with an inferior, less efficient product just because of familiarity.

-_-

Forgive me if I don't want to use an interface that was designed for touchscreens.

You mean a fullscreen start menu that's actually customizable, isn't limited in usable space, and isn't nearly as clunky?

I hope you can forgive yourself being a pleb.

I just hate Windows altogether, Linux is far superior, but many people don't know that.
#132The_AntiGrimPosted 12/10/2013 4:21:43 PM
steveboblarry posted...
^Well this is going to an endless circle jerk. Have fun defending the trash that is windows 8.

Have fun being stuck in Y2K
---
my_name_is_Ed
#133steveboblarryPosted 12/10/2013 4:22:53 PM
^I don't see how that is possible but okay
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#134CallmegePosted 12/10/2013 4:35:08 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
pothocket posted...
A damn shame considering how inferior Win7 is. The ignorant plebs would rather stick with an inferior, less efficient product just because of familiarity.

-_-

Forgive me if I don't want to use an interface that was designed for touchscreens.

I haven't seen the metro interface for a few months... not sure what you are getting at. Not even using third party apps.

8.1 allows booting to the desktop mode. Exactly the same as windows 7 but better performance, file navigation, search, taskmanager, and admin tool access. It is missing the aero features but the performance boost is worth it and personally I never used any of that jazz.

The update is too late. Windows 8 should have LAUNCHED like that. This is exactly the same as Vista. We all know that after SP1 it was actually a pretty good operating system but the reputation it had sucked by then and it couldn't recover. It's the same for Windows 8.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#135mrCubePosted 12/10/2013 5:01:47 PM
The_AntiGrim posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

And those same idiots keep us from growing and evolving technologies

So what exactly are the "evolving technologies" that are involved in the Metro interface? I'd really like to know.
---
---
#136The_AntiGrimPosted 12/10/2013 5:13:01 PM
mrCube posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

So what exactly are the "evolving technologies" that are involved in the Metro interface? I'd really like to know.

Simplicity and organization while maintaining the exact same function as the start menu
---
my_name_is_Ed
#137mrCubePosted 12/10/2013 5:29:18 PM(edited)
The_AntiGrim posted...
mrCube posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

Simplicity and organization while maintaining the exact same function as the start menu

...that's your "evolving technology"

That's what you're calling people an idiot over? What a joke. No wonder nobody in this topic is taking you seriously.

Usability and aesthetics are not technology. And even if they were, Metro is at most a sidestep, not an evolution.

---
---
#138The_AntiGrimPosted 12/10/2013 5:46:01 PM
mrCube posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
mrCube posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

...that's your "evolving technology"

That's what you're calling people an idiot over? What a joke. No wonder nobody in this topic is taking you seriously.

Usability and aesthetics are not technology. And even if they were, Metro is at most a sidestep, not an evolution.

You only asked about the start screen. you didn't ask about anything else. Win8 has loads of features that make it better than win7.

But no, you're right, i'm totally wrong. I'm sorry I answered the question you asked instead of explaining all kinds of other details you didn't ask for.
---
my_name_is_Ed
#139mrCubePosted 12/10/2013 6:26:51 PM(edited)
Well, like I said, usability and aesthetics aren't "evolving technologies" so your answer was remarkably dumb in the first place.

But go ahead, what are the evolving technologies in Windows 8? And how are the "idiots" inhibiting them? Because I sure as hell haven't heard anyone complain about EFI fast boot or the new task manager.
---
---
#140steveboblarryPosted 12/10/2013 6:27:44 PM
mrCube posted...
Well, like I said, usability and aesthetics aren't "evolving technologies" so your answer was remarkably dumb in the first place.

But go ahead, what are the evolving technologies in Windows 8? And how are the "idiots" inhibiting them? Because I sure as hell haven't heard anyone complain about EFI fast boot or the new task manager.

Dumbing down the software, thats an evolving technology right?
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.