This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BitCoin Mining and Free Electricity

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. BitCoin Mining and Free Electricity

User Info: XxTwisted26xX

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#1
Okay, not free, but electricity is included in my rent. I was wondering what the average pay/day BitCoin Mining would make if I ran 3 laptops, and 2 towers forever doing the mining? (turning my actual gaming tower off every now and then to rest lol). I know that Bitcoin payments are halved every 4 years and we just hit our first half, so now is a good time to start mining.
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#2
Trust me. Your electricity won't be included in your rent if you start mining, especially with multiple devices.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 years ago#3
I would imagine the laptops Overheating unless you got some really dope ass cooling for them.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#4
I have 2 cooler master laptop cooling pads. The electricity won't be a problem. My roommate's Dad owns the house. Theyre always running air conditioner, heater, and playing games and stuff all day. Believe me, their dad is rich I don't think he would care... unless Bitcoining would increase the electricity bill from 500 to 1,000 a month :O.
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#5
Fade2black001 posted...
I would imagine the laptops Overheating unless you got some really dope ass cooling for them.

Dope ass cooling

This should be the name of a company.
I hate windows 8!

User Info: BendoHendo

BendoHendo
3 years ago#6
If you understood the very simple concept of exponentially growing difficulty to mine, you'd realize that by January you'll be making pennies a day. And that's assuming free electricity.

You'd have better luck going out in the street picking up pennies.

Play around with this calculator to see that I'm speaking the truth:

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/fc5fef9fcc

--

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#7
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/how-to-get-rich-on-bitcoin-by-a-system-administrator-who-s-secretly-growing-them-on-his-school-s-computers

Here's a very interesting article on a teacher who uses his school's computers to mine. Im thinking of doing the same and running all the computers where I work the mining operation.

Anyone know how much running mining would increase your electricity bill?

User Info: OldSorrow

OldSorrow
3 years ago#8
ThePCElitist posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Dope ass cooling

Would buy from that company
If you don't use Throwback Mode for a full week while logged in, you will lose access.

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
3 years ago#9
OldSorrow posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Dope ass cooling

Would buy from that company

Would invest in that company.
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|

User Info: Danzorz88

Danzorz88
3 years ago#10
Would sue that company.
My PC (updated 06.15.13) : http://www.sysprofile.de/id150256
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. BitCoin Mining and Free Electricity

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived