This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would save Windows 8 in your opinion?

#41NewavePosted 12/11/2013 2:22:20 PM
After PRISM I don't ever want anything from them ever again. At the very least I hope they go out of business permanently.

Also XP was the last and best Windows they made, after that they dropped the ball completely and just let it roll away down long hills, into cabs, across continents, into space rockets, to other planets, into alien space crafts, to other galaxies, into alien dimensional portals, into other dimensions, all without even trying to pick it back up and now we have Windows versions without so much as even a Start menu.

There is nothing left to save now, let it die and get replaced by ANYthing else because at this point literally everything else is profoundly better.
---
Kill the legs first, that's an ironclad battle tactic!
#42Fou LuPosted 12/11/2013 2:23:45 PM
darkstar4221 posted...
Dukaduka1k82 posted...
I think the only thing that will save Windows 8 is Microsoft coming out with Windows 9. Windows 8 is horrible in my opinion.

Windows 9 will be worse. Hopefully by then consumers will catch on to Microsoft's monopoly, and consumers will abandon Windows 9 completely.

Abandon it for what? Linux? Nope. Mac? Nope. So no, you're wrong. Microsoft is here to stay because the competition isn't nearly as good.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#43WyzeGyePosted 12/11/2013 2:25:18 PM
Fou Lu posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
Dukaduka1k82 posted...
I think the only thing that will save Windows 8 is Microsoft coming out with Windows 9. Windows 8 is horrible in my opinion.

Windows 9 will be worse. Hopefully by then consumers will catch on to Microsoft's monopoly, and consumers will abandon Windows 9 completely.

Abandon it for what? Linux? Nope. Mac? Nope. So no, you're wrong. Microsoft is here to stay because the competition isn't nearly as good.

You may change your tune a year or two after steamOS comes around. Who knows what that will bring.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/AEKc-vNv_rU - updated 11/21/2013
#44PancakethecatPosted 12/11/2013 2:25:25 PM
A. Normal. Start. Menu. Then, I won't even have nothing bad to say about it. But I am sick and tired of forgetting that the sole button that has been on a computer since I was little isn't even there anymore.
#45darkstar4221Posted 12/11/2013 2:39:25 PM(edited)
WyzeGye posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
lol @ people bashing windows 8 over a start menu.

The UI on Windows 8 imo makes it slower. It's not even all that fast. Just trying to have your folders organized is a hassle, and then it has a bunch of useless fluff like XBL. Consumers are better off with Windows 7.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

It's wrong

but you're allowed to be wrong. God Bless America.

Just because you get a slight fps gain on certain games doesn't count. On a typical desktop for basic purpose (using the internet, using software, etc) there is no difference. As a matter fact from my experience, Windows 7 feels smoother.
#46darkdeath03Posted 12/11/2013 2:46:40 PM(edited)
Fade2black001 posted...
Hi C posted...
If Windows 8 didn't exist Microsoft wouldn't have spent the billion dollars developing it. Sounds like it would have been a nice profit for them.

Microsoft itself isnt even worth a billion dollars

LOLOLOLOLOL try 70 billon.
---
"man if you can't handle the teabags get out of the teacup."
-Cold Reaper GT: Zakkaria113
#47darkstar4221Posted 12/11/2013 2:54:37 PM(edited)
Newave posted...
After PRISM I don't ever want anything from them ever again. At the very least I hope they go out of business permanently.

Also XP was the last and best Windows they made, after that they dropped the ball completely and just let it roll away down long hills, into cabs, across continents, into space rockets, to other planets, into alien space crafts, to other galaxies, into alien dimensional portals, into other dimensions, all without even trying to pick it back up and now we have Windows versions without so much as even a Start menu.

There is nothing left to save now, let it die and get replaced by ANYthing else because at this point literally everything else is profoundly better.

Well if Microsoft were to go bankrupt, they would at least have to make windows open source. Probably license windows under a free permissive license.

Of course Microsoft right now should make windows open as possible and adapt to open standards as much as possible which they refuse to do. This makes it difficult for software developers to make windows software compatible with other operating systems. Hence the wide disparity gap when it comes to software and hardware support between windows and other operating systems.

Imagine that, your typical programmer messing with the windows code, that would be the day.
#48battlfrnt2006Posted 12/11/2013 2:52:43 PM
I think Windows 8 is perfectly fine. In some ways I prefer it over 7, I mean aside from the new Tile screen instead of start menu it's essentially the same thing. Plus, I haven't had any issues installing games on it like I've had with 7 in the past.
---
GT: CapraDaemon / PSN (Vita/PSP): mtllica / SteamID: falloutnut
Now Playing: Ys Celceta, FF7 Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts BBS, Phantasy Star Port. 2
#49GooBacksBackPosted 12/11/2013 2:54:11 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
I have 8.1 and I love it.
#50TheOppositePosted 12/11/2013 2:55:30 PM
Re-release Windows 7 and stop making new versions of Windows for no reason. Problem solved.