This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would save Windows 8 in your opinion?

#71mogexpress1Posted 12/11/2013 6:16:05 PM
right click on start button
better start menu than anything before

still everyone complains
even though the start menu was horrible in win7 and before and I would do everything to get around it.
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
#72mjc0961Posted 12/11/2013 6:16:11 PM
WyzeGye posted...
and it doesn't make it any slower if you know how to use windows.

there's no navigation required. I press the windows key and the first 3 letters o what I want to open and I'm in my desired application. It's not rocket science and it's loads faster than clicking on a start menu and rifling through folders or going to a corresponding spot on the list.

If you're using your mouse for anything ui related you're computering wrong.

Oh cool, I didn't even know I could just start typing on the start screen and it would auto-search. Thanks man!
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#73sa2bmasterPosted 12/11/2013 6:18:30 PM
How about making it exactly like Windows 7 with all the hardware/software advantages of Win8.

I hate the Start screen and the Metro UI (looks way less cool than 7's aesthetically pleasing UI, and dark themes are a no no since the title bar's text won't glow anymore). Start button and switching between Metro and Aero graphics should be an option for those who want it, and it wouldn't bother anyone who doesn't change their settings. I reset a laptop I bought back to factory settings and returned it after messing with it for a few days and hating it (I even tried the crap start menu replacements and it still didn't make it any better). The only thing I liked in Win8 was the file transfer system/added functions. I then went out of my way to Dell's small business website, one of the few places to buy a new PC with Win7.

I started with Windows XP and liked it very much for years, hated Vista so much (mostly because it was so slow on everything I tried it on from laptops to desktops), loved 7 more than XP, better performance (on modern PCs), GUI, and customization. Tried Win8 for about 3 days and never going back, I'll stick with Win7 until something better comes along, so hopefully Win9 or 10 will do it, or I'll be on 7 for the rest of my life (I'll probably torrent it 20 years from now if you can't find it anywhere for sale and nothing better comes along).
#74gastamanPosted 12/11/2013 8:53:22 PM
darkdeath03 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Hi C posted...
If Windows 8 didn't exist Microsoft wouldn't have spent the billion dollars developing it. Sounds like it would have been a nice profit for them.

Microsoft itself isnt even worth a billion dollars

LOLOLOLOLOL try 70 billon.

$70 ($72.9) billion is their Sales (Revenue). According to Forbes, as of May 2013, Microsoft's market value is $234.8 billion (other stats: $15.5 billion in profit, $128.7 billion in assets).
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#75kobalobasileusPosted 12/11/2013 9:14:31 PM
Kill RT and Windows Phone, making Windows 8.1 the ONLY OS for desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones.

Xbox One controller support, including Chatpad (if there ever is an Xbox One Chatpad). This support needs to be ingrained at the most basic level, much like mouse and keyboard, so the OS can be manipulated with a controller without having to install a third-party interpreter program that converts button presses into keyboard/mouse commands.

All Xbox One "exclusives" should be compatible and sold in the Windows Store.

Allow apps to be installed from anywhere, not just the Windows Store.
#76ZethPosted 12/11/2013 9:16:50 PM
Parts of Windows 7 GUI over Windows 8 kernel & improvements

I like Aero and wish it was still around in Windows 8
---
"Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
3DS FC: 5172 0388 6449
#77Crimson_JesusPosted 12/11/2013 9:17:27 PM
after classic shell, windows 8 is amazing
---
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg
#78lucarioforprezPosted 12/11/2013 9:33:11 PM
mjc0961 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
Dukaduka1k82 posted...
I think the only thing that will save Windows 8 is Microsoft coming out with Windows 9. Windows 8 is horrible in my opinion.

Windows 9 will be worse. Hopefully by then consumers will catch on to Microsoft's monopoly, and consumers will abandon Windows 9 completely.

In favor of what, exactly? Mac? F*** no I'm not going to Mac.

Hopefully, Linux will get a huge following after the steambox. If that happens, I am never going back to windows.
---
Live: Ten Desires | PSN: The_ScarletDevil | Steam: The Scarlet Devil |
Origin: Teh_Scarlet Devil
#79R0N1N187Posted 12/11/2013 9:59:59 PM
Windows 9 or whatever the next series will be called. Microsoft has this trend going on where Win XP was great, Vista was bad, W7 was great, W8/8.1 was bad, so the next one should be great.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ie4dx.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ef88B.gif
#80RogerTritonHOPEPosted 12/13/2013 9:05:55 AM
oh i've got an interesting question; would anyone take a guess at this?

Let's say you bought a new Dell or HP laptop with an i7 processor and Win 8.1 pre-installed.

Let's also say that the new laptop had both Windows 7 drivers and Windows 8 (native, obviously because it came with Win8).

Which OS would perform better? Win7 or Win8?
---
Greatness Awaits. Roger Triton