This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starbound is awful.

#1ChromaticAngelPosted 12/9/2013 2:42:42 PM
I should have seen this coming, given that all of the other games made by the same developer are complete ass, but really, they hyped up this game as some kind of magnum opus or something and it blows.

I'll just go back to waiting for Terraria 2.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#2ShubPosted 12/9/2013 2:44:20 PM
More details would be nice!
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3CatToyPosted 12/9/2013 2:44:22 PM
It's also early in development and very feature incomplete.

I don't know why they are calling it a beta because it is very much not a beta.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4notSFFPosted 12/9/2013 2:46:32 PM
You do that. I'll be over here playing Risk of Rain while waiting until I can get the funds for this awesome looking game.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#5Kad-ManPosted 12/9/2013 2:48:02 PM
Beta is Beta 90% of the game is not even IMPLEMENTED yet. Hell they are even redoing the combat system completetly should be out tonight/tomarrow.
#6nickizgr8Posted 12/9/2013 2:48:06 PM
I was going to get it. Then I saw they wanted 12 for a incomplete indie game.

My reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#7therickmu25Posted 12/9/2013 2:48:43 PM
I watched a lot of streams this weekend and I kinda agree with TC. Just looks kinda bland IMO and really just rips Terarria. The soundtrack is great however.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#8notSFFPosted 12/9/2013 2:50:17 PM
nickizgr8 posted...

You know, technically Terrarria was "incomplete" too. The main reason it was released when it was was due to a leak.

And it is considered one of the best "creativity toy" games on the PC. And Starbound is being made by much of the same guys and already has superior graphics and is quickly getting critical acclaim.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#9ChromaticAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 2:50:29 PM
Shub posted...
More details would be nice!

Takes forever to mine blocks

I spawned in an area with no trees and had to walk like a mile to find a tree, and that's all I found. A tree.

the combat sucks

you have to hold down the mouse button for two seconds to fire a single arrow

shoddy compatibility with the steam overlay

game is full of bugs and crashes a lot
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#10nickizgr8Posted 12/9/2013 2:52:45 PM
notSFF posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

You know, technically Terrarria was "incomplete" too. The main reason it was released when it was was due to a leak.

And it is considered one of the best "creativity toy" games on the PC. And Starbound is being made by much of the same guys and already has superior graphics and is quickly getting critical acclaim.

Not sure how much terraria costed back then but right now it costs 6 That's for a fully completed game with loads of extra awesome features added from the 1.1 and 1.2 updates. Vs a game that's still in beta? and costs double the price. Yeah I don't think it's worth the money.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming