This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starbound is awful.

#121KillerTrufflePosted 12/9/2013 11:01:09 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
Slayn posted...
TheOtherGuyX posted...
Sad that garbage like this gets so much attention here. No topics for even Stasis, Age of Decadence, Underrail or any actual good indies to be found. Shame, shame, shame.

Then make one and stop crying.

god damn, we've gone from "you have no right to complain it's a beta" to "if you don't like Starbound, make your own indie game that is better"

the butthurt of Starbound fanboys truly knows no bounds.

By the way... I'm not a Starbound "fanboy"... I have not been tracking it, don't have it, and don't especially care about it at this point. Your complaints are just stupid the way you're making them. Rather than treating the beta properly and reporting bugs or problems to the devs (which is the entire purpose of beta), you come here and whine about what a terrible game it is as though it's the end product.. There's some sort of mental disconnect there I just can't figure out.

I've listed lots of reasons why I did not like the game, all my opponents only had one reason why I should like it. "It's a beta derp, and if you don't like it now, you will definitely like it later."

And with your utter lack of reading comprehension here, I think I pretty well understand why you were inspired to make this topic at all.

I'm not saying the problems you had with the game aren't valid. I'm saying that, since it's a beta, you should be telling the DEVELOPERS about them and actually using the beta the way it's meant to be used. Instead, you decide to come and b**** here about it, which will change/fix nothing, and act like it's the final product and you got ripped off.

Sorry pal... you are the ONLY one to blame in this case. There is no possible way you could not have known it was a beta, and every one of your complaints - while they may be things you legitimately don't like - are a direct result of it being a beta. Rather than whining here like you are, you could be a proper beta participant and report your problems to the devs. But no.

You're really not doing yourself any favors or making yourself look any better by dragging this out and continuing to argue... ya screwed yourself over somehow, through unrealistic expectations, ignorance, or who knows what else, and you're just making yourself look worse by continuing to press the issue.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#122SlaynPosted 12/9/2013 11:31:15 PM
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
Slayn posted...
TheOtherGuyX posted...
Sad that garbage like this gets so much attention here. No topics for even Stasis, Age of Decadence, Underrail or any actual good indies to be found. Shame, shame, shame.

Then make one and stop crying.

god damn, we've gone from "you have no right to complain it's a beta" to "if you don't like Starbound, make your own indie game that is better"

the butthurt of Starbound fanboys truly knows no bounds.

No, I'm pretty sure he was telling theotherguy to make a topic about those games.

Ayup.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#123Infini22Posted 12/10/2013 12:22:16 AM
I have around 200h clocked in Terraria and I have to say I agree with op. Sadly, Starbound is not half as fun for me. I can only hope it being still in development means things are going to change.
#124jerky_666Posted 12/10/2013 5:10:19 AM
VergilDmC9 posted...

Why do you ruin this board? You put a downer on everything and just personally attack everything. Plsleave

You quoting him is making it hard on those of us who normally don't have to look at his posts.
#125eragonman9Posted 12/10/2013 5:30:46 PM
DO take part in this stage if:

- You enjoy testing buggy and unfinished code

- You enjoy providing feedback

- You want to leave your mark on the game

- You just canít wait any longer

DO NOT take part in this stage if:

- Bugs infuriate you

- You donít like spoilers

- You canít stand losing your save

- You want the full Starbound Ďexperienceí the first time you play.

http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/

Try reading, if you're actually serious.
---
We march for Macragge!
And we shall know no fear!
#126HighOnPhazonPosted 12/10/2013 5:35:15 PM
I have this friend who has almost 200 hours logged into this crappy game so far.

He's such a tool, he doesn't play anything but Indie games, acts like they are the second coming of christ.

I really hate him.
---
NNID/Steam:AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#127Marioface5Posted 12/10/2013 5:35:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#128KamenRiderBladePosted 12/10/2013 6:20:31 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I have this friend who has almost 200 hours logged into this crappy game so far.

He's such a tool, he doesn't play anything but Indie games, acts like they are the second coming of christ.

I really hate him.

Sounds like he has never experienced a full fledged game in his life and doesn't know what a quality AAA game is.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#129arrseeteePosted 12/10/2013 7:19:12 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...

I really hate him.
Why do you care what he plays or what he enjoys? If he is honestly putting the time in, and not idling for the time loggin counter or something, then what's the problem? I'm sure he has his reasons, non of which are your problems. Don't let him enjoying the games deter you from you playing games that you enjoy.
---
Posting from phone. So Police, don't whine about minor mistakes.
#130matu90rkPosted 12/10/2013 7:34:26 PM(edited)
I remember playing Terraria back when it was released, which was pretty much an alpha too compared to the current version.

Terraria 1.2.1.1 (current) has at least 5 times the content that 1.0 had. No kidding.

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Version_history