This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bitcoins and the homeless.

#11wizardmonPosted 12/10/2013 6:10:51 PM
LordSeifer posted...
how are homeless people mining bitcoins?
on a laptop you are going to generate like a dollar per week. including free electricity.

Read the article.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#12LordSeiferPosted 12/10/2013 6:30:55 PM(edited)
I read the article, i was asking wilddog

the article basically says they were just panhandling for bitcoins. or getting them from watching youtube videos.

as opposed to actually mining them, but he seemed to suggest the people there were actually mining them
---
^ this
#13su27ChaosPosted 12/10/2013 6:38:01 PM
wildog2006 posted...
I live in Pensacola, downtown used to be hell to walk through with all the panhandlers. They passed an ordinance to stop it and now they mine bitcoins instead. No one here has any problems with it. I just wonder if they're going to start arresting them for stealing power?

http://jalopnik.com/man-arrested-for-stealing-0-05-of-electricity-to-cha-1476332214

well since you saw this topic before many people in PCH.

your mindset is directly to there side. i bet before you saw that article you didn't care if they steal electricity or not in public. look both articles because it's two different places.

as for welfare stuff. believe or not everything is getting expensive. owners must have to make sacrafice and expect more job losses. also current low income job isn't enough to make living off.

i would blame society and everyone. stupid how poeple laugh at people don't have iphones or android phones there way behind in the times or you didn't get latest 4k hdtv or you have no bmw. they buy all that **** even they earn 16k a year. thats why cost of living shot up like crazy because before you don't have rely on smartphones, computers and expensive tvs and cars.

if you say how can they live without those. BS should check out the 80s.
---
American products is good go buy them.
#14BowsaaPosted 12/10/2013 7:36:23 PM
su27Chaos posted...
thats why cost of living shot up like crazy because before you don't have rely on smartphones, computers and expensive tvs and cars.

Cost of living calculations don't include those sorts of things, at least to my understanding. It just counts the essentials.

Also, you can have a decent TV or drive a decently nice car for fairly cheap, if you take your time and buy in a smart manner.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#15mogexpress1Posted 12/10/2013 9:52:12 PM
Paul Harrison who lost power in one of the photos also has the same laptop that I do

I am going to go cry in the corner

then do science for less than homeless people make.
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money