This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

somebody help me build a master race PC

#11SouIgainPosted 12/10/2013 5:16:09 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
What type of games are wanting to play? Strategy, FPS, Indie, etc. It helps to know what you're into so the parts can be picked, as Strategy games relies heavily on a CPU, so does MMO type games. Indie games can be played on a toaster, FPS mostly needs a more beefier graphics card.

Your budget is $700, that's going to be rather hard considering you're trying to budget a monitor into that.
If you have a TV with HDMI, or a pc port, you could use that until you get more money for a display.

Edit: To save costs and put money into what matters, you can drop the audio card as well, onboard audio is fine until you want to spend more and upgrade, unless you're anal about audio over graphical power

Well I want to play things like Skyrim, Fallout, etc. maybe ESO if I'm interested.

I have a case already and if dropping the dound card would give me more money, then so be it.

Yes I realize the $700 is a bit tight but this is my first build
---
Shut up and listen! I am Sanger Zonvolt, the sword that cleaves evil! Roar Dyenguar, like a war god! There is nothing my zankantou cannot cut!
-Sanger Zonvolt
#12Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/10/2013 6:49:06 AM(edited)
SouIgain posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
What type of games are wanting to play? Strategy, FPS, Indie, etc. It helps to know what you're into so the parts can be picked, as Strategy games relies heavily on a CPU, so does MMO type games. Indie games can be played on a toaster, FPS mostly needs a more beefier graphics card.

Your budget is $700, that's going to be rather hard considering you're trying to budget a monitor into that.
If you have a TV with HDMI, or a pc port, you could use that until you get more money for a display.

Edit: To save costs and put money into what matters, you can drop the audio card as well, onboard audio is fine until you want to spend more and upgrade, unless you're anal about audio over graphical power

Well I want to play things like Skyrim, Fallout, etc. maybe ESO if I'm interested.

I have a case already and if dropping the dound card would give me more money, then so be it.

Can you get by with using your TV until you can later buy a monitor?

So it would be $700 for strictly computer components, cpu,mb, gpu, psu, ram, hd, optical? If so you could make a fairly decent build with $700 just for that.

Also, pick up a $10 mouse and keyboard from the dollar store until you can afford better also. You want to try to maximize the more experience parts and not allow small things like mouse/keyboard to get in a way of a budget.

Edit: Otherwords, you don't want to spend $60 on a mouse/keyboard and later, want to swap out our gpu when you could've got that gpu in the beginning, its easier to unplug and trash a keyboard than it is to swap out a gpu and resell the old one.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#13thegreatsquarePosted 12/10/2013 7:31:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14SouIgainPosted 12/10/2013 8:39:09 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SouIgain posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

So it would be $700 for strictly computer components, cpu,mb, gpu, psu, ram, hd, optical? If so you could make a fairly decent build with $700 just for that.

Also, pick up a $10 mouse and keyboard from the dollar store until you can afford better also. You want to try to maximize the more experience parts and not allow small things like mouse/keyboard to get in a way of a budget.

Edit: Otherwords, you don't want to spend $60 on a mouse/keyboard and later, want to swap out our gpu when you could've got that gpu in the beginning, its easier to unplug and trash a keyboard than it is to swap out a gpu and resell the old one.

I see gotcha. Also how quickly do pc parts become obsolete?
---
Shut up and listen! I am Sanger Zonvolt, the sword that cleaves evil! Roar Dyenguar, like a war god! There is nothing my zankantou cannot cut!
-Sanger Zonvolt
#15SouIgainPosted 12/10/2013 11:47:58 AM
Bump for more help
---
-Sanger Zonvolt
#16reincarnator07Posted 12/10/2013 2:44:35 PM
SouIgain posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SouIgain posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

That depends on the parts in question and what you consider obsolete. You can still play most games on something like a Q6600 and a 4870, so long as you don't mind lower settings.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#17HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 3:29:10 PM
reincarnator07 posted...
SouIgain posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SouIgain posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

That depends on the parts in question and what you consider obsolete. You can still play most games on something like a Q6600 and a 4870, so long as you don't mind lower settings.

obsolete the game is noticable frame rate drops, video card can't handle playing on high-med settings, etc.
---
"The only ones that should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed."
-Lelouch Vi Britannia, Code Geass
#18ClouddxPosted 12/10/2013 3:46:40 PM
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

here ya go
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#19HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 3:54:09 PM
Clouddx posted...
http://www.logicalincrements.com/