This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are all the zombie games being made are developed by....

#1happyscrub1Posted 12/9/2013 10:13:35 PM
.... super pro, rogue like developers?

I mean, everyone of them with some silly game mechanics that annoy most gamers.

1. Zafehouse: Diaries - perma death, 90% RNG, survivors can sometimes hurt each other faster than zombies can when they don't like each other.

2. State of Decay: - perma death, Game is "persistent" even after you log off. There's nothing positive about that either... all negative. Take a break for a day or two and you can come back with half your people dead from your last save

3. Zombinoid(?) - RNG, perma death, game unbeatable (I never played it but that's what I get from th videos)

ect.

What happened to skill based difficulty? I think Left4Dead2 was like the last zombie game most people enjoyed. But now, for some reason, everything else feels like it's being made by some neck beards dedicated to make these games with cult interested. It's about just as bad as a lot of these RPGs being made by PnP people.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#2DerPancakePosted 12/9/2013 10:29:00 PM
Nazi Zombies is the best!
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#3CatToyPosted 12/9/2013 10:32:58 PM
What happened is that for a while zombie action games took over with not a single zombie survival game in sight, and now everyone is interested in zombie survival games because action games grew old.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4Relentless639Posted 12/10/2013 3:11:54 AM
It's hard to make a zombie game with:
-small, but open world/enterables
-keep going from point a to b
-attention to atmosphere and serenity of a dead setting
-varied inventory
-slow but deadly and grabby zombies
-require caution to not alert the zombies around you
-can be played alone/coop optionally and don't be pinned down like L4D special infected
-no hordes, seriously, where the f*** do they keep coming from? Also in TWD TV series.

Imagine something like STALKER with (well made) zombie enemies.
Or maybe just something like REmake.
#5DeanWhipperPosted 12/10/2013 3:26:13 AM
I'd say the challenge is take make a game where you feel genuinely vulnerable, but at the same time in control of your own survival.

IE, You have to run from the zombies, but you can't just hop up onto a crate/car/high place and be completely safe.

Very tricky
---
Is this even legal? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fxhiq93TTg
#6KabtheMentatPosted 12/10/2013 4:25:02 AM
The whole fascination with zombie hordes is the survival aspect of it. If you were just Rambo-ing through masses of zombies and whenever you died you just respawned at the nearest checkpoint...what would be the point? It would just be your run of the mill hack and slash action game and slow ass zombies don't make great enemies in those types of games.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#7InterfusorPosted 12/10/2013 4:28:12 AM
Need more zombie games where you play the zombie.
---
I am not economically viable.
#8Relentless639Posted 12/10/2013 4:32:40 AM
I forgot to mention: zombies actually need precise shots to the brain, or some elaborate incapacitation to stop being a threat. I don't mind a concentration of passing zombies or getting the attention of everyone around me if I screw up. I just don't want them to keep appearing endlessly and all at once because there's not even supposed to be this many people around in the first place.

Being progressively cornered by a zombie in a room should be more dangerous than staying in the open killing hordes of zombies with a magnum in L4D2.

I like L4D2 a lot, got over 1000h on it, but it's for the mowing fun, not the zombie aspect of it.
#9GTL581Posted 12/10/2013 4:46:56 AM
Interfusor posted...
Need more zombie games where you play the zombie.

this. i'm sick of zombie games (and zombie media as a whole), and i really don't get why interest in it has spiked over the past few years, though i was never a big zombie fan to begin with aside from the george romero films and a few 80s italian horror movies.. that said stubbs the zombie was an awesome game, and developers should look to that and change the formula up a bit. too much oversaturation of the same old ****. but i guess that's the way of things- over-produce something until everyone is hates it, find something new and repeat.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#10happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 6:26:39 PM
shameless bump
---
Never forget.... Building #7