This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some good game/fps optimizers/boosters?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some good game/fps optimizers/boosters?
1 year ago#1
Hey all! I really don't got an uber 1337 computer and I would like to play some of my newer games like Splinter Cell Conviction and such.

Here are my requirements for whatever game/fps optimizer/booster you're gonna recommend-

1. it should not mess up anything on my system, like end an important task/process.
2. It should be legit
3. websites and download links would be appreciated
4. It should be good and do its job.

here are my system specs

windows vista service pack zero
nvidia 8600m gs 512 mb graphics card w/ directx 10
3 gb ram
intel core 2 duo t8100 2.1 ghz processor

^ mass effect 2 works w/o a hiccup on my system when PLAYING ON LOW ^ But, I feel it can perform or feel better! PLEASE help me, I really wanna play games like Splinter Cell Conviction w/o any lag!

THANKS and bye!
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! BATTLEFIELD 3 has offline Multiplayer with/against Ai bots on ALL maps and modes! (stock and dlc)
1 year ago#2
Sorry, but you're not going to get much out of five-year-old hardware. Really the only things you can do is install 7 and update your GPU driver.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
1 year ago#3
All these programs do is shut down non essential processes running in the background. They aren't a magic solution to substantially increase your performance, they're really just snake oil.

That said, give Razer Game Booster a try.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
1 year ago#4
CatToy posted...
All these programs do is shut down non essential processes running in the background. They aren't a magic solution to substantially increase your performance, they're really just snake oil.
That said, give Razer Game Booster a try.

This.
Really the best thing you can do for free is re-install your OS, update all your drivers (motherboard, GPU, direct X and such) all to their latest compatible versions so everything is nice and optimized without other clutter programs running.

I was going to say that the only way your going to see any real noticeable performance upgrades is to throw just 80-100$ on a HD77#0 into there or something, but it looks like that is probably a laptop so... oh well.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
1 year ago#5
Not gonna happen with those specs, you're due for a huge upgrade if you want to play newer games.
1 year ago#6
There's only so much you can do with software.

https://www.piriform.com/download

Start with CCleaner

Then use their Defraggler product as well.

Speccy isn't a bad program to nab, either.

You really want to save up a hundred bucks or so and get a newer video card than what you've got now.
---
"the sun does not have no prisoners"
1 year ago#7
Blackviper.com

Prevent 3rd party programs like iTunes and Steam from starting at boot.

DiY, you should be running 40-45 processes after it warms up including antivirus.

I wouldn't bother with game booster, I would find a program to OC the VRAM [find a old topic on OCing that card] I had a 8600m GT [2 in sli], I could OC the memory from the stock 700MHz to 800MHz, but that doesn't mean you can use those numbers with certainty. Driver optimizations eventually gave me all the performance OCing the GPU processor itself did, so there is little point in OCing it. Adding 10-25MHz probably won't hurt, but it won't do much either.

Old DOX drivers provided some help as well. I think this was the one I used:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24003-forceware-18585/
---
ASUS G73jh i7 720/Mobility HD 5870/6GB DDR3 1404MHz/Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid HDD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some good game/fps optimizers/boosters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived