This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Monitor blew up, need to get a new one any recommendations & few questions

#1Jedthehead91Posted 12/10/2013 4:50:26 AM
Are LED monitors prone to burn ins like Plasma TV's? I hear LED produces better image quality but if they suffer from burn in from static images after a long time that would be an issue as im almost always on my PC

Does response time really matter?

Is there any reason to get a 120hz monitor so you dont have to enable vertical sync for some games? is there even a point playing a game over 60 frames?

Is there a particular monitor that is well received for gaming or one that you can recommend? im in the UK and my budget is 160

Thanks in advance!
---
Noregs menn! dansio vel i stillum, stilli tykkum allar riddarar, Noregs menn! dansio vel i stillum
#2KabtheMentatPosted 12/10/2013 5:50:19 AM
I can't get into all of the technical specifics, but I have a LG 23 inch LED IPS monitor and it's pretty rad. I bought it off my friend who used it for a couple years and there's no burn in or anything like that.

For response time so long as it's not high...5ms and under, you'll be fine. Doubt you're a professional gamer or anything and require ultra precision. Having a 120hz monitor is cool, but the difference between 60 to 120FPS isn't as great as the jump from 30 to 60FPS. But there is a point to playing games at higher FPS, even if your monitor can't display it you get better response and control with more frames.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3Jedthehead91(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 5:56:30 AM
thanks for the reply, im looking at this

http://www.ebuyer.com/407360-benq-gl2450-24-led-lcd-dvi-d-monitor-9h-l7alb-qpu-9h-l7ala-dpu

good reviews and a fantastic price i cant imagine getting some other monitor for an extra 50-60 being much better or worth it.
---
Noregs menn! dansio vel i stillum, stilli tykkum allar riddarar, Noregs menn! dansio vel i stillum
#4KabtheMentatPosted 12/10/2013 5:59:03 AM
That'll do you just fine. BenQ are suppose to be pretty good monitors.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#5Jedthehead91(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 6:04:50 AM
found one exactly the same but with 2ms instead of 5ms for 8 more, i think i'll go with that.
---
#6KabtheMentatPosted 12/10/2013 6:07:06 AM(edited)
Might as well.

Also, just realized the monitor you're looking at is DVI and not HDMI. Which just means you'll have to have another hook up for sound. Don't believe DVI is wired for sound, like HDMI is.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#7Jedthehead91(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 6:08:55 AM
i only exclusively use headphones anyway
---