This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

prefer steam or origin?

#1zeknanhPosted 12/10/2013 8:56:14 AM
I prefer steam because the games from Valve's EA compared with those of the valve are much better because the steam has: Planetside 2, Path of Exile, Final Fantasy VIII, Trine 2, Skyrim RPG games, since EA has Need for Speed​​, FIFA and sports games, and niguém like games such wastes.
#2Digital StormPosted 12/10/2013 8:58:20 AM
Lately I prefer Origin just because for some reason my download speed in Steam has gone from max to 1/8th the speed.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#3temgunPosted 12/10/2013 8:59:19 AM
How are they even comparable? You are basically comparing a supermarket and a store that only sells vegetables.
#4MaximoomPosted 12/10/2013 9:01:30 AM
Steam obviosly.
#5thegreatsquarePosted 12/10/2013 9:10:50 AM
Steam.

I've only begun to use Origin in the last few months [and Uplay in the last month], both are terrible [Uplay is worse]. I've only now realize how spoiled I've become with Steam when I was actually made to install my own game and two update for FarCry 3 [So that was Uplay]. Origin supplies a bit more service, but they are still terrible compared to Steam. Neither Origin or Uplay give much info in their stores, no minimum requirements, nothing. From Origin I bought EA's Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning and I then got two DLCs. Nothing said that I wouldn't be able to access the DLC offline, nor that I can't even continue a game offline because the saves won't work.

I'll use Origin only for EA games [...and no more DLC will I buy] and Uplay only for Ubisoft games. Everything else is Steam ...or Good Old Games [gog.com].
---
ASUS G73jh i7 720/Mobility HD 5870/6GB DDR3 1404MHz/Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid HDD
#6ciraMegaSPosted 12/10/2013 9:11:15 AM
If we're not comparing games and just that overall service, then I like steam for its extra features like Big Picture mode, Linux compatibility and steam sharing. Origin does have better support though.

Now, if only steam had a better refund policy......
---
Black
#7doctoglethorpePosted 12/10/2013 9:14:56 AM
Steam is so much more robust its not even a competition. Origin doesn't have big picture mode or a community network. Higher prices while its sales are tiny, usually limited to first party, and the same can be said about its silly little achievement system they put no effort in to. The interface is plain boring with no customization options. Its EA, who are the kind of company that copies rather then creates, puts profits before quality, points fingers rather then take responsibility, so why I would want to give them money for another companies product is beyond me. My list devolves into a ton of little nit picks here that I won't get in to. Think my point is clear enough.
#8Orestes417Posted 12/10/2013 9:17:50 AM
Don't care. I play games, not background programs
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#9FenriswolfPosted 12/10/2013 9:19:03 AM
Games for Windows Live / Windows Marketplace is better than both
---
Hello
#10Sk2k52Posted 12/10/2013 9:26:54 AM
Steam. Absolutely hate Games for Windows live. The accounts seem to be constantly compromised. Only yahoo did my password get phished more often.

Steam I NEVER had my account phished.
---
http://14thlord.blogspot.com/2013/09/7-reasons-wii-u-flopped-at-launch.html
7 Reasons why the Wii U's Launch failed.