This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RUMOR: Windows 8.2 might get the old Start Button Menu back

#1KamenRiderBladePosted 12/10/2013 8:02:06 AM
http://gizmodo.com/rumor-the-full-start-menu-might-be-coming-back-to-wind-1480227218

Hurry, somebody at MS might have common sense and not try to foist Metro/Modern UI on everybody.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#2temgunPosted 12/10/2013 8:07:16 AM
This would be so good if true. Right now the lack of a start button (real start button) is the only thing 7 has over 8.1. MS should scrap the metro while they are at it. Then Windows 8 would gain the popularity it deserves.
#3SinisterSlayPosted 12/10/2013 8:09:54 AM
Scrap metro, scrap charms, then windows 8 would be good.

So basically, turn it into windows 7....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4temgunPosted 12/10/2013 8:24:41 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Scrap metro, scrap charms, then windows 8 would be good.

So basically, turn it into windows 7....

Basically so. I mean, what's the point of charms? I've never used them in my time with 8.1. The metro just for tablet OS. Yeah, I totally want to buy tablet games from the store to my PC and play them while being completely being out of the desktop. No idea why anyone would actually want to have real programs that you control from desktop and programs that basically take the whole screen.
#5Hunter_mkPosted 12/10/2013 8:35:46 AM
MS should stop trying to innovate, they backpedaled on Xbone, and now backpedaling on W8, they think they are apple
---
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013
#6__Cam__Posted 12/10/2013 8:55:47 AM
Paul Thurrott confirmed it. The Start Menu is coming back, but it functions like the Win+S menu (slide-out).

Also, Metro apps are going to be able to be ran in windows on the desktop.
---
You're awesome.
#7temgunPosted 12/10/2013 9:04:06 AM
__Cam__ posted...
Paul Thurrott confirmed it. The Start Menu is coming back, but it functions like the Win+S menu (slide-out).

So they are basically scrapping all the stupid features they introduced in Windows 8.
#8godplaysSNESPosted 12/10/2013 9:23:59 AM
temgun posted...
__Cam__ posted...

So they are basically scrapping all the stupid features they introduced in Windows 8.

They don't have to scrap anything, they just have to provide options.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#9SnadadosPosted 12/10/2013 9:36:15 AM
A little too late at this point.
The damage as been done and the general consumer who has heard bad things about W8 in passing will never hear about any changes and fixes that get implemented.

It is like a news paper running something on the front page and a few days later said story turns out to be false but the retraction is printed on page 15.
So few people see the retraction that the misinformation from original story keeps being believed to be the truth by the larger general community.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?