This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why does LA noire run like complete ass?

#11CallmegePosted 12/10/2013 4:29:00 PM
Because its crap.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#12JKatarnPosted 12/10/2013 5:14:20 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
Walking Dead was extremely horrible optimized, but that didn't stop it from being great.

*horribly* - and were you playing on a laptop with integrated graphics? It ran just fine on my middle of the road gaming rig, and the demo I played on the PS3 ran fine as well. If you barely meet the minimum requirements for a game you aren't going to have an enjoyable experience.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#13happyscrub1Posted 12/10/2013 5:23:03 PM
JKatarn posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
Walking Dead was extremely horrible optimized, but that didn't stop it from being great.

*horribly* - and were you playing on a laptop with integrated graphics? It ran just fine on my middle of the road gaming rig, and the demo I played on the PS3 ran fine as well. If you barely meet the minimum requirements for a game you aren't going to have an enjoyable experience.

Google Walking Dead and lag and see it was a big problem for people who well exceeded minimum requirements, jack ass.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#14nonexistingheroPosted 12/10/2013 5:28:19 PM
happyscrub1 posted...

That game actually ran really well on my ultrabook. And it only has a i3 1.8 GHz dual core CPU along with a GeForce GT640M card. A lot of PC games... especially multiplatform games, tend to be horribly optimized though. You need to work all kinds of magic to get a game to run well if you don't have enough PC power to completely crush it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#15Kokuei05Posted 12/10/2013 5:34:19 PM
It's locked at 30 due to the facial software for some reason.

It definitely isn't that. It's locked because of laziness.

Download any memory editor, search 59.94 take the bottom most address and change it to 119.88 for 60 FPS cap. You'll see that there is nothing off with the game and it's running at 60 FPS.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#16JKatarnPosted 12/10/2013 5:47:02 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
JKatarn posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

Google Walking Dead and lag and see it was a big problem for people who well exceeded minimum requirements, jack ass.

Then the issue is with their machines/software they are running, like in most cases. Were it an optimization issue, it would affect everyone, and I played through the whole game just fine with no major slowdowns, therefore it's an issue localized to those machines.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#17nonexistingheroPosted 12/11/2013 4:00:00 AM
No, that's false. Optimization issues aren't for everyone. It means the game wasn't made to work well with all types of hardware.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18JKatarnPosted 12/11/2013 12:57:17 PM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
No, that's false. Optimization issues aren't for everyone. It means the game wasn't made to work well with all types of hardware.

If a game/engine is generally poorly optimized you will see performance issues across a wide variety of machines as the engine/game itself has performance issues - obviously higher-end rigs would be less affected as they can bruteforce the performance, but they still would have the issues (see PC ports of GTA IV, Saints Row 2 etc.). The issue here lies with software/drivers on individual machines conflicting with the game - could be some video recording software these people are running, forced settings in Nvidia/Catalyst control panel - 10 anti-malware programs running in background, outdated BIOS etc. I have played more than a few games that ran just fine/very well on my machine and people on forums here and there were complaining about "optimization" when 9/10 it's an issue with temps/software/drivers etc. on their machine and they don't know how to properly maintain their machine. Yes, there are some engines with optimization issues, but typically some investigation/updating/cleaning on the users ends corrects/mitigates the issue.
---