This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need some help guys...

#1CM_MojicaPosted 12/10/2013 2:49:30 PM
I took my pc to check if my motherboard was dead.

It is not confirmed that the motherboard is having issues with bent pins and such.

The guy is offering to order a motherboard and install it for 210 buck?

Am I in the wrong for wanting to attempt to try to install a new motherboard despite me having no idea how, in order to not pay that f**** much? I don't need a mobo that damn expensive....

TL; DR should I install the mobo myself depite me having no experience?
---
Hunter1534
#2CM_Mojica(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 2:52:33 PM
It is now confirmed*
---
Hunter1534
#3blacklable1617Posted 12/10/2013 3:04:11 PM
Honestly it isn't that hard to replace your motherboard. If the replacement is the same as the one that is in there now then you wont even have to worry about driver issues. Just remember what plugged into where when you take the motherboard out and you'll be fine but most of the newer components only go in one way so its pretty hard to plug something in where it doesn't belong.
---
i5 3570K | Asrock z77 extreme4 | GTX 670 FTW | 8GB Ripjaws | Barracuda 1TB | HIVE 650W | H80i | X4+Naga | Raidmax Augusta |
#4CM_Mojica(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 3:11:57 PM
blacklable1617 posted...
Honestly it isn't that hard to replace your motherboard. If the replacement is the same as the one that is in there now then you wont even have to worry about driver issues. Just remember what plugged into where when you take the motherboard out and you'll be fine but most of the newer components only go in one way so its pretty hard to plug something in where it doesn't belong.

So what if I get a completely different intel motherboard? Am I gonna have to reinstall my OS? Cuz I don't think I remember where the disc is....
---
Hunter1534
#5SlaynPosted 12/10/2013 3:21:06 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT a second here... how did the motherboard get bent pins? What is going on here? You can't bend the pins unless you take out the CPU and bend them yourself... unless you tried to build a computer and bent them, in which I say yes, let them do it for you.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#6CM_Mojica(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 4:06:27 PM
Slayn posted...
WAIT WAIT WAIT a second here... how did the motherboard get bent pins? What is going on here? You can't bend the pins unless you take out the CPU and bend them yourself... unless you tried to build a computer and bent them, in which I say yes, let them do it for you.

I didn't touch the cpu. I didn't build the pc either. I inherited it
---
Hunter1534