This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Bungie hate PC?

#1ganonhateslinkPosted 12/10/2013 2:56:21 PM
This is the only thing holding me on the fence between buying a next gen console and a Steambox (go ahead, tell me how crappy an idea it is to buy one. I'm long overdue for a new laptop, don't want to go through the hassle of building my own, and want something I could easily setup in my living room and have friends over to try their hand at PC gaming). I really loved the Halo series (yeah yeah... I know, there must have been so much better series out there according to every PC gamer... I still thought it was a unique series that changed dramatically with every iteration until post-H3 and I thought the pace of combat was spot on).

Didn't Bungie start on the Mac? Bungie y u do dis :(
---
If Pokemon [RBY vs MM vs PD vs Banjo] wins this, I'd kindly send a note to Allen to remove my bracket. Menji76, 4/22/2009
#2steveboblarryPosted 12/10/2013 2:58:29 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MULA!!!
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/10/2013 2:58:51 PM
The only reason you'd get bashed for liking halo is because you're playing a Console FPS and mice are just so much better for aiming and it's not even a debate.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 12/10/2013 2:59:45 PM
/M$
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#5kalakdrinPosted 12/10/2013 3:01:14 PM
You can play Myth 2: Soulblighter on your PC. Best game they ever made.
#6GoIrish80Posted 12/10/2013 3:09:48 PM
Bungie really has nothing to do with it anymore considering they no longer own any kind of rights to the series. MS bought it from them.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#7Majoras_pantsPosted 12/10/2013 3:16:15 PM
I'm a PC gamer and long time fan of PC shooters.

But Halo can get in my mouth. I love it. Halo 3 has an incredibly high skill cap compared to other console shooters (as if that's saying much), since teamwork and team shooting were so important thanks to a lack of one or two shot kills and slower movement. Forge and theater modes were great ways to compensate for some of the more glaring console weaknesses. People can bash me all day but I would love it if Halo came to PC.

I'm not playing Halo anymore because I'm probably not buying any consoles this generation. But Halo is the one thing I'll be missing. The only console scraps I'm begging for.

But bungie doesn't like developing for PC because it's more difficult. PC gamers have much higher standards. It's easy to look amazing to console gamers. Halo is a nice, big, juicy burger. They could market it to console gamers who are used to dog food and will think it's the best thing they've ever seen, or they can give it to PC gamers who are used to steak and will think it's ok if the price is right and they're not being picky that day.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#8SlaynPosted 12/10/2013 3:19:50 PM
I've only played Halo 2, but it seemed like a very sub-par shooter. I think it only did so well because console players were so impressed to be able to play multi-player when PC had been doing it better for years. Back in the day I would have easily taken Counter-Strike over Halo.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#9Majoras_pantsPosted 12/10/2013 3:25:30 PM
Slayn posted...
I've only played Halo 2, but it seemed like a very sub-par shooter. I think it only did so well because console players were so impressed to be able to play multi-player when PC had been doing it better for years. Back in the day I would have easily taken Counter-Strike over Halo.

Counterstrike is better than Halo, of course. But halo is still great.

Halo 2, not so much. It was the weakest of the Halo games, besides 4 which I can't judge because I haven't played.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#10BowsaaPosted 12/10/2013 3:26:15 PM
4 was bad. Way too CoD-ified. Halo 1 and Halo 3 were both great, while ODST was pretty good and Reach was decent enough.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000