This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Bungie hate PC?

#11akuma634Posted 12/10/2013 3:47:25 PM
I think was because the PC crowd just dismissed Halo 1&2 so Bungie/Microsoft just stopped porting those games over to PC. They didn't sell all that well on PC as compared to Xbox where it was a legit system seller. It was similar with Microsoft when they ported Epic Games Gears Of Of War to PC and it was also largely ignored. Since Bungie took their money and left Microsoft to go multiplatform with their own original IPs, they could probably try and get back in the PC market again.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
http://i.imgur.com/gKc40ul.jpg?1
#12Kerr AvonPosted 12/10/2013 4:50:29 PM
Majoras_pants posted...
I'm a PC gamer and long time fan of PC shooters.

But Halo can get in my mouth. I love it. Halo 3 has an incredibly high skill cap compared to other console shooters (as if that's saying much), since teamwork and team shooting were so important thanks to a lack of one or two shot kills and slower movement. Forge and theater modes were great ways to compensate for some of the more glaring console weaknesses. People can bash me all day but I would love it if Halo came to PC.

I'm not playing Halo anymore because I'm probably not buying any consoles this generation. But Halo is the one thing I'll be missing. The only console scraps I'm begging for.

But bungie doesn't like developing for PC because it's more difficult. PC gamers have much higher standards. It's easy to look amazing to console gamers. Halo is a nice, big, juicy burger. They could market it to console gamers who are used to dog food and will think it's the best thing they've ever seen, or they can give it to PC gamers who are used to steak and will think it's ok if the price is right and they're not being picky that day.

It never ceases to amaze me how sad some PC gamers are. You are so lacking in something (social life, the respect of other people, whatever) that you have to boost your self esteem by something as pathetic as trying to believe that the platform you game on is somehow superier to all the others.

Console games are not dog food, some of the best games of all time are console only, including some of the best first person shooters. I know that clashes with your view of 'reality', but it is a fact, nonetheless.

Some of the best games are PC exclusive, and yet you very rarely see console gamers trying to deny this, so why do PC gamers like you have to drag down the perceived maturity and intellectual level of PC gamers as a whole?

And as for your "PC gamers have much higher standards." drivel, I suppose you've never seen a poor console to PC port, unlike every other PC gamer ever. Granted, poor PC to console ports are hardly unknown, but the problem is much worse on the PC (though that's certainly not the PC's fault, which is more than capable of hosting a good port of any console game).
---
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#13HighOnPhazonPosted 12/10/2013 6:10:33 PM
kalakdrin posted...
You can play Myth 2: Soulblighter on your PC. Best game they ever made.

This pretty much
---
NNID/Steam:AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#14halomonkey1_3_5Posted 12/10/2013 6:22:47 PM
akuma634 posted...
I think was because the PC crowd just dismissed Halo 1&2 so Bungie/Microsoft just stopped porting those games over to PC. They didn't sell all that well on PC as compared to Xbox where it was a legit system seller. It was similar with Microsoft when they ported Epic Games Gears Of Of War to PC and it was also largely ignored. Since Bungie took their money and left Microsoft to go multiplatform with their own original IPs, they could probably try and get back in the PC market again.

I think Halo 2 would have done better if it hadn't been released on PC 3 years after its initial release on Xbox and with Halo 3 on the horizon. Also requiring Windows Vista at a time where 90% of windows-based PCs had XP was horribly stupid.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#15MangorushXIIIPosted 12/10/2013 7:00:48 PM
Kerr Avon posted...
Majoras_pants posted...
I'm a PC gamer and long time fan of PC shooters.

But Halo can get in my mouth. I love it. Halo 3 has an incredibly high skill cap compared to other console shooters (as if that's saying much), since teamwork and team shooting were so important thanks to a lack of one or two shot kills and slower movement. Forge and theater modes were great ways to compensate for some of the more glaring console weaknesses. People can bash me all day but I would love it if Halo came to PC.

I'm not playing Halo anymore because I'm probably not buying any consoles this generation. But Halo is the one thing I'll be missing. The only console scraps I'm begging for.

But bungie doesn't like developing for PC because it's more difficult. PC gamers have much higher standards. It's easy to look amazing to console gamers. Halo is a nice, big, juicy burger. They could market it to console gamers who are used to dog food and will think it's the best thing they've ever seen, or they can give it to PC gamers who are used to steak and will think it's ok if the price is right and they're not being picky that day.

It never ceases to amaze me how sad some PC gamers are. You are so lacking in something (social life, the respect of other people, whatever) that you have to boost your self esteem by something as pathetic as trying to believe that the platform you game on is somehow superier to all the others.

Console games are not dog food, some of the best games of all time are console only, including some of the best first person shooters. I know that clashes with your view of 'reality', but it is a fact, nonetheless.

Some of the best games are PC exclusive, and yet you very rarely see console gamers trying to deny this, so why do PC gamers like you have to drag down the perceived maturity and intellectual level of PC gamers as a whole?

And as for your "PC gamers have much higher standards." drivel, I suppose you've never seen a poor console to PC port, unlike every other PC gamer ever. Granted, poor PC to console ports are hardly unknown, but the problem is much worse on the PC (though that's certainly not the PC's fault, which is more than capable of hosting a good port of any console game).

It's because he's a man child just like the majority of pc man children are, so don't mind the immature things these pc man children will say to make themselves feel better about themselves.
#16ATARIJAWAPosted 12/10/2013 7:06:17 PM
Halo was originally a PC exclusive RTS until Microsoft bought it and turned it into a FPS.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#17I_Am_On_FirePosted 12/10/2013 7:23:42 PM
Halo was originally for Mac, not PC.
---
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64
#18fuzzymanPosted 12/10/2013 7:42:30 PM(edited)
Halo CE still amazes me

Halo 2 was pretty bad, but the MP segment was still fun, if not imbalanced (one sided maps, overpowered hijacking and dual weild)
---
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg
#19harcoreblazerPosted 12/10/2013 7:45:51 PM
That's like asking why Blizzard doesn't develop for consoles (Excluding Diablo III).
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#20ATARIJAWAPosted 12/10/2013 7:48:55 PM
I_Am_On_Fire posted...
Halo was originally for Mac, not PC.

No it was for both. It was announced by Steve Jobs on stage during Macworld 99 that it would release for both Mac OS and Windows.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105