This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking of getting into the Assasians Creed series: Where should i start?

#11locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 5:41:12 PM
DiviDude posted...
None of them are bad. I would play them in order starting with the first so you can better appreciate series as a whole, see which changes worked out for the best and which didn't.

Of course, that'll take a while to do since they're not terribly short games or anything. If you have other s*** to do, listen to the others.

I'd rather play the best. If say 2 is better then 1, why play 1 besides story? Plus, time and such.
#12Arsene-LupinPosted 12/10/2013 5:41:15 PM
1 is terrible.

2, 3, and 4 are the good games.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#13calcyclePosted 12/10/2013 5:48:25 PM
locky723 posted...
calcycle posted...
1 was proof of concept, others are better
2 was good
Brotherhood added multiplayer, is good
Revelations isn't great, feels rushed to do a yearly installment, den defense is bad and bombs are not interesting
3 is important for story, not greatest
4 is good.

So... Just 2, brotherhood and 4?

If you want. some people like 3. Story-wise, it is very important as it acts as the end of the story trilogy that had been going on at that point in the games.

Since 4 is close in gameplay to 3 just like Brotherhood is to 2, you would think it doesn't deserve being a numbered game since it isn't a big jump in gameplay like from 2 to 3. They numbered it 4 since it is the start of the next trilogy of games in the series.

watch the cutscenes on youtube for the games that you skip
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#14sauruschamp1Posted 12/10/2013 6:01:44 PM
pick up 1 for cheap. it is still a great game it just gets a bit repetitive about 3/4 through the game but it was the one that made you feel the most like as assassin. Dont bother doing all the optional quests just the minimum you need to do otherwise you will want to jump off a bridge halfway through the game.

2 is my favorite in the series really pulled you in and very enjoyable but missed out slightly on the real feelling of an assassin on assassin missions that the first one had.

brotherhood improves on 2 and is very good but feels a little like a large expansion with multiplayer on top still worth getting.

Revelations is really weak the whole plot is essentially get a couple of keys from around the city to open a big door. It does have its good points though as it tells more about altairs story (the character from the first game) and also wraps up ezios story.

3 I couldn't even finish it has a 3-4 hour tutorial where you play as this other english guy which was never mentioned before the game came out and is extremely linear and boring I couldnt even make it through it with out getting fed up (believe me I tried). People who have got past it say the rest is a lot better and it is important for the story; but I say just watch some youtube videos of this one.

4 black flag is really good definitely up there with 2 and brotherhood really redeemed the series after the previous 2 failures drops you right in the action and has the perfect mix of ship piratey gameplay and traditional assassins running around town gameplay. Anyone who felt burnt by the last 2 but enjoyed the previous ones should pick this up.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#15Englandfc1966Posted 12/10/2013 6:09:08 PM
Cesare_Borgia posted...
I'd start with Busty Asian Babes then move on to Asian Ass Quarterly

made me laugh
#16Englandfc1966Posted 12/10/2013 6:17:19 PM(edited)
Don't bother with 1, Revelations or 3.

They fill you in on the story at the start of each game so that shouldn't be an issue.

4, the most recent entry, is by far the best one in the series, so I'd start with that one.
#17thelocalhentaiPosted 12/10/2013 6:14:47 PM
Play the AC1 first obviously, going back to it after playing the more refined games will feel too much of a step back. If the story is important to you, it's sort of like the ME series. AC3 is not bad at all, you can build a town, there's ship battles, etc. AC2 had the richest setting though, so it's hard to go from that to AC3's somewhat drab setting. AC3's "intro" feels very plain at first but once you get past that part it'll be a blast.
#18Englandfc1966Posted 12/10/2013 6:15:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19matrix0523Posted 12/10/2013 6:16:15 PM
1, 2, 3 and 4.
---
IGN: Frank West
#20Englandfc1966Posted 12/10/2013 6:16:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]